Newly rooted...having a few issues

cdroid1

Reaction score
So I just rooted my fascinate with dl30 and froyo on it...I guess I have kernel 2.6.32 (newbie) but I put flash 10.2 on and I can't seem to get youtube videos to play or when I try to watch a game on NBA LEAGUE PASS it says "failed to load video" everytime..is there something wrong with the flash or should I put a more up to date rom or something on it?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Vinnie981

Reaction score
You should just go with this....you can install it through ClockWorkMod

[ROM][3.23.2011] Superclean 2.9.2 EA15/EB01/EB16/EC10 Based
Here is the SC2.9.2 version:

[ROM][3.23.2011] Superclean 2.9.2 EA15/EB01/EB16/EC10 Based - xda-developers

Changelog:

--Full rom again.
--Based upon EA15/EB01/EB16/EC10
--Contains EC10 kernels, with fake hotspot monitoring module.
--Some framework reworked to remove what I believe to be the LAST of Bing.
--Auto restore of apps should no longer happen (nor is possible).

Voodoo
super_frankenclean_2_9_2v.zip

Nonvoodoo
super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv.zip

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Ok so do I just download one of those two links plug my phone up and do it through Odin? Idk how to do roms ..took me 3-4 months before I decided to even look into rooting lol

Vinnie981

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
So don't put voodoo on my sd card?just download that to computer and load it through Odin? Do I need to remove anything from my sd. Card first? N what were the steps u were gonna tell me initially just so I know my options

Vinnie981

Reaction score
Follow this for ODIN

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

OR

THIS WAY IS LONGER BUT IN MY OPINION BETER IN THE END

Voodoo
super_frankenclean_2_9_2v.zip

With this one you will download the .zip and save it to your SD..(and no you dont have to delete anything off the SD but do save and music and pics to your computer because it will be wiped.

then hold down your power button and click recovery...it should pop up to CWM in red......if it blue let me know....

well continue once i know if your running blue or red..

And well if its red then all you have to do is use volume up and down to go up and down and power button to select....

so go to advance and then the third option down will be wipe dalvik cache select that....then go back to the main menu of CWM and select install zip from sdcard....then chose coose zip from sd card....then select super_freakenclean_2_9_2v.zip and install it.....then reboot phone and BAM!!1

Last edited:
OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Ok thanks appreciate your help..ill b posting later tomorrow afternoon bc I can't get to a comp right now..and then ill try to put it on

Vinnie981

Reaction score
ok well if you go into recovery and its blue(stock) than your best to just stick with odin option or let me know and i can show you how to do the update.zip to run RED CWM

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
ok before i do this a little later a couple more questions that i couldnt find when reading... if i put the voodoo on is it permanent or are there any settings that i have to do before i put it on by the method you suggest? and will your method wipe my phone apps, UI and everything else thats are usually not backed up?

also i see you post from a zombie boot fascinate and u have a number of things...are these options that come with this update or did u do something completely different? sry i ask alotta questions but im completely lost coming to droid from bb..not as many options with bb

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok before i do this a little later a couple more questions that i couldnt find when reading... if i put the voodoo on is it permanent or are there any settings that i have to do before i put it on by the method you suggest? and will your method wipe my phone apps, UI and everything else thats are usually not backed up?

also i see you post from a zombie boot fascinate and u have a number of things...are these options that come with this update or did u do something completely different? sry i ask alotta questions but im completely lost coming to droid from bb..not as many options with bb

Voodoo is a file conversion from RFS to EXT4...it is not permanent but can cause issues if not disabled properly before flashing new Rom's etc....its really pretty easy once you understand the procedures....

Almost any Rom you ODIN will wipe, its needed to reduce errors and force closes...use titanium backup in the market to backup your apps/data or My backup in the market....

The Zombie boot animation is a seperate install we can get into later after you get the basics installed and running...

Just ask and we will help however we can...

Vinnie981

Reaction score
Yea I will post some pics of my theme and boot tonight and yes if you use the voodoo zip I have given you I can then also give you some links to good themes and boot animations. And yes you will lose everything just make a backup going to superfreakenclean 292 is worth it

Vinnie981

Reaction score
The theme I got also come with forty kick ass wallpapers..zombie boot up....tv boot down...and a lot of other extras like six different lock screens and acc. Battery

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
ok...i am backing up my apps onto titanium backup right now and then im going to do this...anything last second i should know before i get going?

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Trying to connect my phone to the computer and its not allowing me!! Just keeps flashing a android dude on my screen really quick and going back to my home page!! What do i do!