Nexus 6 reviews

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Definitely disappointed by what appears to be some lower quality storage, giving the phone lower sequential read speeds than other current and previous flagships. It's not good when your new flagship is slower than your last flagship. It sounds like it's similar to some of the problems that the original Nexus 7 had.

Hopefully Google will try to address that as quickly as possible.

markwebb

Reaction score
Though I ordered one direct from Motorola , the overriding theme in these reviews are that compromises are too be expected in an otherwise very good phone. Let's hope some software updates fix a few. Definitely not the "best" phone out there.

Reactions: cr6
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google Nexus 6 Review!:
M8 tap'd

His review gave me the BEST picture of what to expect. When I watched it I did not get a feel like he was overhyping or bashing just telling it the way it is which is basically what I said before. If you are a fan of the nexus devices you are going to love this phone but understand 3200 battery life does not equal 24+ hour battery like the droid turbo or the note 3/4. The phone is going to be huge, the battery is going to be about what you get from the nexus 5, and there are no bells and whistles. If people are not a fan of the nexus and jumped on board pre-ordering because of the hype they may be disappointed but if you are a fan of the nexus then you are going to love it if you like large phones.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yup found his review good... He was not overly excited but gave some of the good points and others to be aware of when you use the phone.. Also plenty of Nexus peeps will be using custom ROMS.. And tweaks that will further enhance the software and future updates that will help in many areas.. Remember QHD is new and we are stepping into Android 5.0.. Apps are not all ready as I've experienced with lollipop on my M8... And it will improve upon tremendously.. I agree some peeps want the new phones to be the best thing since slice bread.... This phone is not for everyone.. But I believe it will be good in the long run... Just like the N5 that's improved so much since release day... We got great choices all around.. That's Android at its best..

M8 tap'd

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yup found his review good... He was not overly excited but gave some of the good points and others to be aware of when you use the phone.. Also plenty of Nexus peeps will be using custom ROMS.. And tweaks that will further enhance the software and future updates that will help in many areas.. Remember QHD is new and we are stepping into Android 5.0.. Apps are not all ready as I've experienced with lollipop on my M8... And it will improve upon tremendously.. I agree some peeps want the new phones to be the best thing since slice bread.... This phone is not for everyone.. But I believe it will be good in the long run... Just like the N5 that's improved so much since release day... We got great choices all around.. That's Android at its best..

M8 tap'd

Also to add, updating my nexus 5 to lollipop I noticed one day battery life was great and the next day my battery life dropped like crazy and my usage was the same for both days. Just like with ics, jb, and kk the very first wide release is the most overhyped but not the best. Normally that is why oems wait until the second or third release to build their software on because majority of the bugs are squashed by then. Of course we give manufacturers slack for it but we have to remember that they are making their device for the people who are not techies so they need to make sure the experience is flawless. Where us techies want it now and leave it to us to figure it out. I am thinking the battery could partly be the result of early software and by 5.01 or 5.02 we will see much better software performance overall.

Reactions: cr6