NFL Mobile

i listened to it for a good portion of the late games on Sunday when i was outside watering the grass. only issue i had was having to press "continue" after about 10 minutes of inactivity on it. hella nice to have when you're on the road.

I have the droid bionic. I was watching the Red Zone about 11:00 MST Sunday. Then, went to watch it in the afternoon and boom... there's the '...you have to subscribe..." message. I called Verizon, got through the multiple promps and finally got to talk to flesh and blood only to get a fix that lasted ten minutes. I went thru the whole process again (totally gave up watching the game (Cards vs NY) and finally was told by a rep to subscribe to Vcast. In the mean time, I just basically figured I'd do the $10 thing to get through the game and then undo the subscription. Now I find that I kind of like the Vcast video thing (TV episodes). Anyway, I'm told by a rep that I will indeed be refunded the $10 on my next statement. Now here's the funny thing... I'm rooted and did the SqLite hack for tether. It works (near as I know 'cause the rep said nothing about the 5 gigs i've used so far) but I was told by the rep that the $30 subscription to tether applies to tether connection. I thought the tether was limited to 2 or 5 gigs which ever you purchase. I'm grandfathered in for unlimited. I went ahead and subscribed (for now...) to 'unlimited tether' (even though the SqLite hack is working...) because I don't want to take a chance of loosing grandfather. Anyone out there know if this rep I spoke with (Brian - South Carolina) misspoke? Is tether unlimited as long as I am grandfathered??

wow people do not read. I have gone over this so many times in numerous posts about wireless tethering

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

As of this past monday Im still getting the NFL app with video and game streaming. If I close the app and re-open I get the "you must subscribe to v-cast" message. So I exit, clear the cache/data and it works again.

If it's in your budget, get a slingbox and watch all your home channels on your phone. No monthly fees.. No hassles of an app. But on the other hand, the app should work right, and not require all the extra clearing of cache etc that people are having to do to use the app.

I was told by a rep on the phone today that you have to subscribe but will not be charged. I asked twice and she said she would note my account as well. I will keep and eye on my bill this month!!

Yes, unless you are a subscriber to VCast, which is $10 a month or $3 per day you can no longer watch NFL RedZone or Live Games (Sunday Night, Monday Night or Thursday Night). All the other content for NFL Mobile will work. I think this is really disappointing that Verizon is charging $10 when one is already paying $30 for unlimited internet access, seems like double dipping to me

***Please delete your NFL Mobile App! I am asking all users to do this in a stand. If everyone follows suit Verizon will have not choice but to make the service free again***

Yes, unless you are a subscriber to VCast, which is $10 a month or $3 per day you can no longer watch NFL RedZone or Live Games (Sunday Night, Monday Night or Thursday Night). All the other content for NFL Mobile will work. I think this is really disappointing that Verizon is charging $10 when one is already paying $30 for unlimited internet access, seems like double dipping to me

***Please delete your NFL Mobile App! I am asking all users to do this in a stand. If everyone follows suit Verizon will have not choice but to make the service free again***

You cannot delete NFL mobile on the Bionic.

NFL Mobile works great on my Bionic. No VCast, no data/cache clearing.

It's free for Bionic users it works fine on my Bionic and free for 4G subscribers

Im not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I havent been able to get on to the NFL mobile app since installing steel droid v1 or v2. Not sure if this is something that anyone else has had a problem with or if there is a fix or if its just my phone. Whenever I try opening the app it just gives me a force close screen. Any help would be a appreciated. Thanks

It told me I have to pay for vcast too...do you have to have 4g coverage available to watch it?

Works fine for me everytime. Besides of they did end up charging me you just call em up angrily and they usually will credit you.

Back