No droid x2 love?

Gorolives

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I gotta ask, does anyone here actually like their DROID x2? I've had mine for months and still love it. What's your experience been like? (First time poster, long time reader.)

Spenbot

Reaction score
I have had my X2 for approximately one year. It has been great. I could have easily gotten a 4G phone but at the time none really sounded that good on all the reviews. I actually bought this one used and it is the best phone I have had so far. I have compared my phone to 4G phones for web page load speeds and while it is a second or two slower, I can live with it for the price I paid compared to those phones. Overall, I just like it and am in no hurry to upgrade.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hi and welcome to the forum!! I have an x2 and i love it. Mine is rock solid and stable as can be. No force close issues or restart issues.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
G

Gorolives

Reaction score
Yeah, the 4g in my area is spotty at best so I figured 3g would be the best way to roll... at least for now. My only real gripe with this phone is the lack of real support from Motorola's part and I'm not a fan of the version of blur on this phone. Think there's any chance we may possibly see an update so it looks similar to say... the Droid 3 perhaps? Very similar in specs.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the 4g in my area is spotty at best so I figured 3g would be the best way to roll... at least for now. My only real gripe with this phone is the lack of real support from Motorola's part and I'm not a fan of the version of blur on this phone. Think there's any chance we may possibly see an update so it looks similar to say... the Droid 3 perhaps? Very similar in specs.

The Droid 3 and Droid X2 aren't supported anymore by Motorola and won't be receiving any updates

srvctec

Reaction score
I like my X2 I've had for about a year. Stock and works fine for me- just have to make sure to reboot every day or two so it won't get laggy. I have around 100 apps installed.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

OP
G

Gorolives

Reaction score
I find rebooting yourself every so often, one-click clear and some memory booster lite really go a long way in making this phone run like it should. I always keep my homescreens free of clutter, that really helps.

Oh, and a delayed thank to 94lt1 for the warm welcome!

ktklein72

Reaction score
I've had mine for almost a year and finally loaded the Eclipse 2.2 ROM and saw a major improvement but the real coolness started about a week ago when I stopped using Launcher Pro and switched over to Holo Launcher. Most of the lag and FCs disappeared. I feel like someone just brought my phone back from a cursed existence - kinda like when Gandalf freed Theoden from Saruman's curse. Corny? Yeah, but very accurate analogy! Sadly my next device will most likely be Samsung or maybe HTC because they release source code and unlock bootloaders - all Motorola does is ignore their customers. Until I see it any differently (maybe Google will step in...) I'm finished w/Motorola devices.