no more room on home screen

zulu041

Reaction score
can someone help me im trying to add the clock/weather widget onto my home screen and it says i have no more room on my homescreen all that is on there is walpaper and nothing else

rod

Reaction score
before you finalize adding the widget, try closing the keyboard and making sure the layout is in the portrait view. THEN, do the final step of adding the widget. ive had the same problem a couple times and this helped me out

DroidFan

Reaction score
Or make a couple of folder, put some apps in the folders and free up home screen space...

I put all my media apps (camera/gallery/music/pandora/etc.) in one folder to make room on the home screen...made a HUGE difference!

OP
Z

zulu041

Reaction score
how do i check if it is in a portrait view?

medicTHREE

Reaction score
It just IS in portrait view. As in oriented so that it is vertical and not landscape as in when the keyboard is slid out.

Try pulling the battery, and then putting it in. Which clock are you trying to use? You have NO icons on this screen? No phone, nothing?

stdesign

Reaction score
Or make a couple of folder, put some apps in the folders and free up home screen space...

I put all my media apps (camera/gallery/music/pandora/etc.) in one folder to make room on the home screen...made a HUGE difference!

Wow, thanks for this tip! I didn't even think about this and I've got 3 full home screens now. It's my first Android device, and I'm still getting used to the customization possibilities. Good, good, good. :rockon:

DroidFan

Reaction score
stdesign... you're SO welcome! I love the feature so I can still locate favorite apps easily, but I might not use them everyday, so I don't need them taking up a lot of space on my home screens. Best of both worlds!

dj928

Reaction score
Portrait view, no keyboard. Can't add calendar widget. Same error message. Have plenty of open slots on home screen.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It just IS in portrait view. As in oriented so that it is vertical and not landscape as in when the keyboard is slid out.

Try pulling the battery, and then putting it in. Which clock are you trying to use? You have NO icons on this screen? No phone, nothing?

you had a blackberry, didn't you... ;)

dj928

Reaction score
Tried pulling the battery. Didn't help. I have a motorola droid and lots of available slots for widgets and shortcuts.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
I have more icons widget i love it
I was going to suggest this, I have the free version, haven't tried to implement it yet because I really want the symmetry of the 4icons per space of the paid one, but going to wait for 2.1 to see if they roll out unlimited home screens.

crspang

Reaction score
The free one(more icons widget) will let you put four icons per widget, you just replace the settings icon.

Last edited:

mjs31

Reaction score
Tried pulling the battery. Didn't help. I have a motorola droid and lots of available slots for widgets and shortcuts.

Plenty of available slots does not mean anything. It physically has to be able to fit in that specified area. Some widgets can take up many more slots than people realize. Many also come in different sizes for this reason. Try adding this same widget to another page with more area.

Sorry...but the only time it will say this is if there is just not enough room.