No pocket detection on ICS?

Rogus

Reaction score
I don't have ICS yet, but have heard from somebody that there's no longer any pocket dectection. Is that correct? So, then you either have to turn it off manually or it it will eventually time itself out based on your screen timeout setting?

sloff

Reaction score
I went out one day after the up date of the ICS and was showing off my phone to my mom and went to show her the whole in pocket detection thing and it want working. I then could not find it under my settings what so ever. So i can confirm for you that they have gotten rid of this feature.

Dave8781

Reaction score
same

At least this forum shows I'm not crazy. I looked for an app to do it, but no luck.

Jemmyducks

Reaction score
I use Tasker to lock the screen when the phone's orientation is upside down (I always put the phone in my pocket upside down). Works well.

Abaddon

Reaction score
I use Tasker to lock the screen when the phone's orientation is upside down (I always put the phone in my pocket upside down). Works well.

How did you do this? I'm trying to set it up but maybe I'm missing something? I selected state > sensor > orientation > upside down but then I'm not sure what to pick as the task. Would it be display > display timeout? That doesn't make much sense because the minimum value you can select is 7 seconds. I looked at the lock option but I don't use a pin on my lockscreen. Any help would be appreciated!

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I press the button in the side that locks and turns off the screen. Seems to work all the time, and its easy ;)

Jemmyducks

Reaction score
How did you do this? I'm trying to set it up but maybe I'm missing something? I selected state > sensor > orientation > upside down but then I'm not sure what to pick as the task. Would it be display > display timeout? That doesn't make much sense because the minimum value you can select is 7 seconds. I looked at the lock option but I don't use a pin on my lockscreen. Any help would be appreciated!

I used "system lock" as the task (I use a pattern lock on my phone). For the profile I used a combination of orientation upside down and light level less than 1 lux. This will, of course, cause the phone to lock I'd I hold it upside down in the dark, but that hasn't began a problem so far. You could also use a seven second screen timeout as the task. It works just fine, but I wanted my screen to lock.

Abaddon

Reaction score
I used "system lock" as the task (I use a pattern lock on my phone). For the profile I used a combination of orientation upside down and light level less than 1 lux. This will, of course, cause the phone to lock I'd I hold it upside down in the dark, but that hasn't began a problem so far. You could also use a seven second screen timeout as the task. It works just fine, but I wanted my screen to lock.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to risk being annoying here but was wondering how you set up the light level? I selected that but it has a from > to option. I selected from 0 to 1. Is that what you did?