Noob In Need Of Help Please!!!!!!!!!

bamanoob

Reaction score
I bought a droid 4 from a girl whom had it rooted, I myself know nothing about a cell phone being rooted and the whole purpose! I noticed when a call comes on or when I make a call I can hardly hear the person, however speakers work great on videos and music, so I went by Verizon spoke to nice man there he let me know my phone was rooted and fully rooted and may need ROM, when rooting phone some things we lose. Any fix for hearing ppl I speak to on calls very faint low.... and well if not how do I remove this root easy way... I been doing research and wow I am so lost... I have no clue how to do the whole droid4Utility0.3 totally lost.. and scared I am or will do something wrong, all I want is sound in calls... everything else on the phone works great. And then someone mentioned to install motoblur and well then I really got lost, if anyone has the time to help, I know it is asking a lot and yes I am a NOOB.. lmao but ugh all I want is to hear my callers :(

AranelAlasse

Reaction score
i would suggest trying the "unroot" option of the droid4Utility. (i have version 0.4, I think.) But, I'm a noob as well, so... i can't really help much, there. I used droid4Utility to root my phone, and that seemed to work fine for me. i'll see if I can find the instructions again.....

Otherwise... there's an update coming to the Droid 4, soon. (see here: Download: Motorola DROID 4 Update 6.13.219 – Droid Life) PERHAPS if you wait for the Over-The-Air update to come to your phone (in a week or so???), it might remove root for you. I'm not really sure... It might not set everything back to how it originally was, though, even if it removes root... like i said, I'm a noob, too. so I'm not sure.

AranelAlasse

Reaction score
oh, duh, self: it's in the sticky thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-hacks/200512-droid-4-utility-windows-mac-linux.html

instead of using step 8 ("8. Choose option 1, root. Let the program do its thing. The phone will reboot twice before it is done", as you see in the second post of that thread), you should choose option 2 to Unroot.

As i said, I used that utility to root my phone, and everything went pretty smoothly, as long as I followed the second post's instructions. so it should work pretty well for you as well.

However... I think the only advantage of unrooting will be that maybe verizon tech support will do more to help you. otherwise, just unrooting probably won't fix your speaker issues.

(also, i know this is really obvious to ask (and might sound rude--but i don't mean it that way!), but... you have tried adjusting the volume up and down while you're in a call, right?)