noob unrooted myself?

texaganian

Reaction score
Guess I deserve this for pressing ahead without really knowing what I'm doing.

I'm an android noob, with a Droid (original, not X).

I managed to install SPRecovery, then a rooted standard 2.1 rom, then CM508, RomManager, ClockworkModRecovery and even CM6RC1 without dramas.

But I've really been wanting a low voltage kernel so tonight I tried that. Used RomManager to download & flash bekits low voltage, 7-slot, 1GHz kernel.

My phone froze at the M screen for over half an hour on reboot.

I did a battery pull, rebooted to recovery and restored with nandroid.

Then I thought I'd try the 800MHz kernel instead. But when I tried, I discovered that RomManager will no longer reboot my phone. I get all the right prompts but it never reboots.

So I manually rebooted to ClockworkMod and looked around but couldn't figure anything useful, so I let it reboot to the OS and fired up RomManager again. Thought I might try to reflash ClockworkMod (just grasping at straws) but when I did, after a bit it threw a dialog box saying "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged command!"

Really? Did I somehow unroot myself? I did not restore an unrooted ROM. I restored the CM6RC1 I was running just an hour ago.

So anyone want to tell me what I did wrong. And, more importantly, what my next step is?