Not able to access recovery

mhowie93

Reaction score
I used Kingo to root my Galaxy S4 SCH I545 VRUEMJ7 the problem is no matter what method I use I cannot get a recovery system...I've tried multiple ways to install CWM and TWRP now I'm using Safestrap which says it installed but when I reboot into recovery it just reboots the phone....I have noticed that I keep getting a security notice that says something has been blocked from accessing a secure area...does this mean my phone is not fully rooted because Root Checker is telling me it is

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I used Kingo to root my Galaxy S4 SCH I545 VRUEMJ7 the problem is no matter what method I use I cannot get a recovery system...I've tried multiple ways to install CWM and TWRP now I'm using Safestrap which says it installed but when I reboot into recovery it just reboots the phone....I have noticed that I keep getting a security notice that says something has been blocked from accessing a secure area...does this mean my phone is not fully rooted because Root Checker is telling me it is

I am assuming you are running one of the versions that have SE Linux Kernel modules set to "enforcing". This means that you cannot access or write secure elements of the OS. When you (or an app) try you will be presented with that error message. As a result, you cannot use safe strap. If you tried to load safestrap you may have put your phone in a bad situation. You may end up having to use Odin to fix it. :(

OP
M

mhowie93

Reaction score
I am assuming you are running one of the versions that have SE Linux Kernel modules set to "enforcing". This means that you cannot access or write secure elements of the OS. When you (or an app) try you will be presented with that error message. As a result, you cannot use safe strap. If you tried to load safestrap you may have put your phone in a bad situation. You may end up having to use Odin to fix it. :(
Where can I get the stock rom for mj7 and what's the process so I can make sure I do it right

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
So as it stands now, ME doesn't have a working recovery yet? Maybe I'm miss reading but it looks like some are able to safe strap.