Not to kick a dead dog, but.....

pickaxe300

Reaction score
Is there any development on s-off? It seems that since full root has come about that s-off has well, kinda died-off.. I realize that we are 90 % capable of anything on the phone right now, but 100% would be primo!! I have signed just about every petition and what not for the bootloader, so what is left that we can do with getting s-off accomplished? Are there any devs working on this right now, and if so which ones? I have no problems being a guinnea pig for testing, I just don't know crap about deving...lol Thanks in advance!

What is s-off?

It is security on or off under the h-boot. With s-off, we are able to have COMPLETE control over our phones. I know some devs are working on getting s-off, or at least they were until perma-root, now im not so sure. It would be a huge relief once this is accomplished just for the ease of flashing roms, kernels and radios.

have you tried any of the roms out there? their doing some good things. I don't know how much more you could or would want to change with s-off. Were rooted with or with out a rom, we can overclock but don't need to really. Is there any reason to change the radio at this time? Reception and data connection are excellent. Flashing Roms is easy already, with either of the two recoverys available.

I'm with you I still want it to happen but I don't think it will any longer. We can do just about everything already.

Someone will do it eventually, but honestly at this point I can only see two advantages. One would be to be able to truly re-lock a phone to the point where it shows "locked" again in hboot. The other would be to muck with the radio and I honestly would not. The phone is great on it's own merit. On that same note, HTC gave us everything we "need" with their unlock. The ability to root and rom including custom kernels. So aside from the two reasons I listed above, what else could you possibly need full S-off for?

Well since we have that new script that allows us to flash Kernels, the only thing S-Off will allow for is flashing of radios, and that's not as big as kernels specially since the stock radio seems pretty reliable anyways (for me at least). Would also be nice to have truly re-locked device as Mr Smith stated above.

I'm sure someone is working on it, but at the moment, it really isn't needed. As long as I got full root, ROM and kernels, I'm a happy camper lol

No, my big point with it would be the ease of flashing everything, with out going through all the extra steps. I have tried every rom out there and have been running ineffibillis with out a hitch, and with out a boot animation.. Was trying to fix that through another forum with a LOT of help from a couple of guys and still couldnt get it to work. Now I have mucked something else up to where none of my email will let me sign in or even change or delete the accounts. So im on my way back to stock and starting from a fresh beginning. I guess the reason I am wanting s-off was just for the ease of fixing muck ups...lol But still holding out hope! I could do just about everything on the fly with my incredible 2 with s-off, but with the rezound I have to be tied to a pc in order to get everything right. So in a nut shell, yes it is very livable with being fully rooted and unlocked. Anyways, back to resetting to stock! Thanks for all your input, I appreciate it greatly! To all the developers, keep up the great work.. All us little guys enjoy what you have done so far!

No, my big point with it would be the ease of flashing everything, with out going through all the extra steps. I have tried every rom out there and have been running ineffibillis with out a hitch, and with out a boot animation.. Was trying to fix that through another forum with a LOT of help from a couple of guys and still couldnt get it to work. Now I have mucked something else up to where none of my email will let me sign in or even change or delete the accounts. So im on my way back to stock and starting from a fresh beginning. I guess the reason I am wanting s-off was just for the ease of fixing muck ups...lol But still holding out hope! I could do just about everything on the fly with my incredible 2 with s-off, but with the rezound I have to be tied to a pc in order to get everything right. So in a nut shell, yes it is very livable with being fully rooted and unlocked. Anyways, back to resetting to stock! Thanks for all your input, I appreciate it greatly! To all the developers, keep up the great work.. All us little guys enjoy what you have done so far!

Fixing the mistakes is easy...backup before you start screwing around. I don't but I'll toss my entire setup and start over without a thought to it. Anyway if you take a look at the boot animation thread over on XDA, I think I finally cracked the code. Basically keep the HTC/Verizon format and damn near any boot animation will work.

This is one of my main concerns about the Rezound. I have enjoyed my Original Droid, but it is showing it's age. Running Liquid 3.2, and love the extras. I am concerned that as fast as new phones are coming out the Rezound might end up being forgotten quickly, not real impressed with the Razzr, and was wanting the Nexus until it came out. A lot of reviews are not impressive. I need Good signal strength in weak rural areas which everyone says the Rezound has, and good sound level (Hard of hearing) One of the Nexus's faults, most say the Rezounf is great there. Just don't want to end up with a phone that's no longer supported. Love Liquid's boot animations, and my Droid is still being supported.

This is one of my main concerns about the Rezound. I have enjoyed my Original Droid, but it is showing it's age. Running Liquid 3.2, and love the extras. I am concerned that as fast as new phones are coming out the Rezound might end up being forgotten quickly, not real impressed with the Razzr, and was wanting the Nexus until it came out. A lot of reviews are not impressive. I need Good signal strength in weak rural areas which everyone says the Rezound has, and good sound level (Hard of hearing) One of the Nexus's faults, most say the Rezounf is great there. Just don't want to end up with a phone that's no longer supported. Love Liquid's boot animations, and my Droid is still being supported.

The Rezound is HTC's latest VZW phone, trust me it will no be forgotten. It will receive updates from HTC and will defiantly see ICS as well (I hope). S-Off won't stop the dev community from pumping out dev work for this phone. There are a few great dev teams that are really loyal to HTC devices and so far they love the Rezound. With unlocked and full root and a new script that flashes Kernels regardless of S-Off, we will see solid dev work for this phone, and it will continue once ICS is released for the Rezound.

Fixing the mistakes is easy...backup before you start screwing around. I don't but I'll toss my entire setup and start over without a thought to it. Anyway if you take a look at the boot animation thread over on XDA, I think I finally cracked the code. Basically keep the HTC/Verizon format and damn near any boot animation will work.

Yep, thats the problem. I even tried restoring both my backups and had the same result, so im thinking I must have really mucked things up some how. But none the less, started from scratch and am back in business!!! Only problem, still no boot animation????!!!!!:blink: And re-doing everything isnt that big of a deal for me either, sometimes its nice just to have a fresh start! Kinda cleans up any hidden or forgotten issues....lol

Last edited:
the rezound is an odd phone....and to be honest the tbolt shouldve been the rezound.

to me it seems more then likely it will end up being htc's bionic.

The Rezound is the VZW powerhouse right now -- I'm no dev, but I cant imagine wanting to let that power go to waste.

Well, haven't flashed a kernel yet, but I'm de-sensed and de-bloated. Got set-CPU running so I'm in pretty good shape, just waiting for ICS.

There are a few minor things I need to tweak - wifi notification still pops-up in task bar even with notifications off. And the location icon in the task bar (I know there's a fix somewhere, just haven't gotten to it).

Back