Note 4 Power saving

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Since the update to marshmallow my loved Note 4 has a few issues like sudden slow texting so parts of messages are missing . My biggest problem is that it no longer goes into power saving mode when the battery gets low. It used to auto do that at about 18% so I was never completely cut off. It no longer does that. It appears that I have to manually put it in power saving mode for it to work but that is not likely to happen if I am not aware it needs to happen! If I go to settings and power saving it instantly does it. I am hoping that someone here has found a way to make it do it automatically once again. The battery life is not as good as it used to be but that might be because it is now old rather than the newer system.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine has never gone into power saving mode automatically, with any of the 3 versions of android that it has seen.
Furthermore, when the low battery warning pops up, there's two choices (if memory serves), ignore & OK.
I'd think that the OK choice would either turn power saving on, or st least take me to the power saving feature screen so that I could manually turn it on, but it does nothing when I press OK, other than remove the low battery notification.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
All I know is that my phone never died totally before the update. Several times I was treated to the black & white screen and I remember something telling me I had a certain number of hours left before it would die. Might have been a Samsung tweak but it saved my bacon a few times until I could get to a charger. Now I have no idea when it died or if I've missed calls it is just shut off and when i turn it on all I get is the dead battery symbol and as far as I know I got no warning it was about to happen.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Note4 began to do that and a new battery was what fixed mine. It never got down low enough for it to go into power saving mode before a sudden drop to the point of powering off, usually around 30% it'd just power down , because power saving mode kicks in around 20%.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Note4 began to do that and a new battery was what fixed mine. It never got down low enough for it to go into power saving mode before a sudden drop to the point of powering off, usually around 30% it'd just power down , because power saving mode kicks in around 20%.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Ditto

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk