Notification/LED issues

theDmanVR6

Reaction score
Won't stop flashing!

So I got the Bionic on Sunday, and before this morning my LED notification worked just fine. The light would blink for text,e-mails (g mail), visual voice mail, and even missed calls. The LED would stay blinking until i cleared the notification from the drop down menu.

But this morning i have noticed that the LED will not stop blinking. I woke up two hours ago and since i have had it unplugged from the charger it has not stopped blinking. I have no notifications waiting to be cleared and i even did a reboot and a battery pull. The thing just wont stop blinking! I plan to call VZ after work and see what they say, I'm just wondering if anyone else out there who may be reading this thread has the same issue or may be able to offer some advice other than doing a factory reset.

earlyhike

Reaction score
Here is how you get the Droid Bionic LED to work:

HEY! After a week of searching user kganzenmuller over at the motorolla forums figured it out, and I just confirmed the solution myself.

1) Do a factory reset clearing out data on phone and sd card
2) When starting to configure the phone again UNCHECK boxes for restoring app settings from Google acount (I unchecked both).

Continue with the phone configuration and now LED notifications again work! I still think there is a bug in the system so don't assume changing some setting or installing some app won't kill the functionality but for now it gets LED notifications back up and working!

Note: Haven't tried all variations of the directions. So it might be possible to accomplish the same results without wiping out your sd card, etc. -not sure.

kurnyb189

Reaction score
HEY! After a week of searching user kganzenmuller over at the motorolla forums figured it out, and I just confirmed the solution myself.

1) Do a factory reset clearing out data on phone and sd card
2) When starting to configure the phone again UNCHECK boxes for restoring app settings from Google acount (I unchecked both).

Continue with the phone configuration and now LED notifications again work! I still think there is a bug in the system so don't assume changing some setting or installing some app won't kill the functionality but for now it gets LED notifications back up and working!

Note: Haven't tried all variations of the directions. So it might be possible to accomplish the same results without wiping out your sd card, etc. -not sure.

Thank you!!!! So instead of doing the full reset (which I really didn't want to do) I just went to
settings>privacy> then unchecked "back up my data".
After that I turned my phone off and on again
and it worked! I had a notification and an email and my little green light was blinking away! I did notice that it only blinks if my screen is on standby, as soon as I hit the top button it stops blinking (which is fine bc then I can see everything anyway ;) )
Hopefully VZW will fix this issue so that this "fix" isn't needed but for now I'm okay with it.
Hope this works for other people too!
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

earlyhike

Reaction score
Thank you!!!! So instead of doing the full reset (which I really didn't want to do) I just went to
and it worked! I had a notification and an email and my little green light was blinking away! I did notice that it only blinks if my screen is on standby, as soon as I hit the top button it stops blinking (which is fine bc then I can see everything anyway ;) )
Hopefully VZW will fix this issue so that this "fix" isn't needed but for now I'm okay with it.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like turning that off resets something to get it working again. Currently though, that option is checked on my phone and notifications are working. So I'm guessing turning it back on won't break anything. But good to know a non-reset option is out there.

jadesaber2

Reaction score

I just tried that; didn't work. Looks like it's a factory reset for me after work. Fingers crossed...

jadesaber2

Reaction score
Worked. Factory reset. Skip Google sign-in. Receive a text (I used Voice to text my phone from my phone), and it's now blinking properly. Then add the accounts, apps, etc. A happy camper is me.

aedmondson99

Reaction score
Me!!! It's driving me :icon_ banana:bananas!! How can I get it to go away? I don't want to do a factory reset.

laugreg

Reaction score
I did the same thing (reset, etc.). Worked for a few weeks and the problem came back again.

laugreg

Reaction score
My problem disappeared after removing World Time from my desktop. Must be coincidental.