[Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/11

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Doe any of you folks here use ROM Manager?

No because the ROMs and kernels we have use older Red CWM. I do believe from the impressions people are giving at xda, things are starting to be developed for the new orange 3.x cwm. So once that starts happening we shold be able to use ROM Manager, but for now, stay away.

Tvo14

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Fascinate that has not been modded at all and ran this. Success! Rooted and Froyo! All my Apps and Contacts stayed, I didn't have to wipe it. I only have one problem. My yahoo and Gmail works but not my corporate email.
We are running Exchange 2007 with Active Sync. The initial setup goes fine but when it tried to load my inbox is just says "Loading" then that will go away and theres just a screen that says "Refresh" with no emails shown. Active Sync Corp email did work for me before Rooting and Froyo. Any ideas?

insidiousvertigo

Reaction score
I installed superclean and then flashed a kernel and then got the cyanbread theme or something. i'm loving it so far, but i've noticed that when i miss a call, it doesn't show up when i turn the screen on, i have to look into my call log. any ideas?
EDIT: Nevermind, I was just looking in the wrong place.

Last edited:

mtnbyker78

Reaction score
Phone issues...

So, I've made it thru the updates. I like it. Kind of. I can't seem to get the dialer part of the phone working. When I call voicemail, the screen goes black, I hear nothing. Then after 20 seconds or so, the screen comes back and I hear goodbye. Making a regular call does the same thing. When I used my phone in the car with bluetooth, it did the same thing, except this time the screen stayed on, just non-responsive. It appeared, that while the phone was still "dialing" it had in fact made the call. So I could hear it through the bluetooth over the radio, but could not access the keyboard on the phone to enter password for voicemail. I did the ODIN with the 2.1, the 2.2 full suite and then the 2.2 superclean version. All with the same problem. Any help would be appreciated!

dotnetbrett

Reaction score
If you are having trouble with your corporate, there is a program that we use at our office called touchdown. You might get your organization to pay for it also as mine did.

Seth79

Reaction score
Visual voicemail gone?

Thanks a bunch Devs. Great job and easy to do. Is there any way to get Visual voice mail back? That is one bloat that I actually use.

mtnbyker78

Reaction score
Tapout, anyone, can you help, see previous reply #471

Other issues to report, when I apply the update, screen goes from Blue to red, but error messages below say:

E: Missing bitmap progress_empty
(Code -1)
E: Missing bitmap progress_fill
(Code -1)
CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x

Then I reboot, go into recovery and screen is blue, so I assume the lagfix is not taking hold? Root of my other problems?

So on top of other issues, I have more to report.
1. When my phone locks, when I try to unlock, it takes 10 to 20 seconds for the screen to come back to allow me to unlock
2. When I receive a text with videos, it converts it to .jpg (that one was really weird) incoming vid was .3gp and sent from a phone using 2.1

Someone please help!

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Tapout, anyone, can you help, see previous reply #471

Other issues to report, when I apply the update, screen goes from Blue to red, but error messages below say:

E: Missing bitmap progress_empty
(Code -1)
E: Missing bitmap progress_fill
(Code -1)
CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x

Then I reboot, go into recovery and screen is blue, so I assume the lagfix is not taking hold? Root of my other problems?

So on top of other issues, I have more to report.
1. When my phone locks, when I try to unlock, it takes 10 to 20 seconds for the screen to come back to allow me to unlock
2. When I receive a text with videos, it converts it to .jpg (that one was really weird) incoming vid was .3gp and sent from a phone using 2.1

Someone please help!

Id try to odin back to di01 and use the pit file also check repartition. Then boot back up to see if its working correctly. If it is accept the update from verizon ota then odin to stock froyo. Boot up to make sure its working. Then odin the new 330 cwm all and flash the rom of choice and kernel. I hope that helps because if it doesnt i dont have a clue.

Sent from my EC01 voodoo'd fascinate

Last edited:

mtnbyker78

Reaction score
Proximity Sensor broke :(

In response to posts 471 and 474, and looking for further help, it appears my proximity sensor is broken. I downloaded sensor test from the app market and it won't do anything for the proximity sensor. This could be the root of most of my problems. So, I guess I'm curious now if there is a driver I could delete and reinstall? I don't know. Anyone? Comments?

Thanks for any input.

sudoin

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with GPS/Location?

After installing SC2.9 (EC16SC29_DXC.tar), I can no longer pull dynamic data based on my location. Anything that requires GPS does not work. I'm going to attempt the deodexed install and see where I get with that.

Error:
"Failed to update my location: No Signal"

Firmware: 2.2.1
Baseband: S:i500.04 V.EB01
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build: SCH-I500.EB01

Other than that, this is a killer build! dancedroid

Reaction score
Thank you!

Thank you very much for providing this. I much prefer using Odin over CWM for this, and this is the only place that I have found the files.:icon_ banana:

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with GPS/Location?

After installing SC2.9 (EC16SC29_DXC.tar), I can no longer pull dynamic data based on my location. Anything that requires GPS does not work. I'm going to attempt the deodexed install and see where I get with that.

Error:
"Failed to update my location: No Signal"

Firmware: 2.2.1
Baseband: S:i500.04 V.EB01
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build: SCH-I500.EB01

Other than that, this is a killer build! dancedroid
This will fix everything and improve GPS tenfold with the new EC01 Rom/Radio combo and it will fix the botched CWMR in these ODIN files... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-development/140966-just-suggestion.html