Not open for further replies.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
see

I told you we wouldnt include all requests :)
We have worked on hardware replacements through our developer fix sections but the hardware wont pass through the 3g or wifi link we are working on this :)

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I told you we wouldnt include all requests :)
We have worked on hardware replacements through our developer fix sections but the hardware wont pass through the 3g or wifi link we are working on this :)

Now that's some magic :) lol and you never told me about this project :icon_eek: i could write a script for this i already have ideas lol

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
I've been using for a day now and I'm liking what I see. Here are my two cents.

Task bar power like in MIUI
Uninstall ALL optionals (widgets too)
Reinstall ALL optionals (widgets too)
It would be nice for the alternate apps to be named, i.e. MUIU Music.
You need to be able to Uninstall all the stuff that you can install (things like animations)
It would be nice for add ons to show their size before we install them (for those of us that are storage space challenged)

Ok so it was six cents!

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I've been using for a day now and I'm liking what I see. Here are my two cents.

Task bar power like in MIUI
Uninstall ALL optionals (widgets too)
Reinstall ALL optionals (widgets too)
It would be nice for the alternate apps to be named, i.e. MUIU Music.
You need to be able to Uninstall all the stuff that you can install (things like animations)
It would be nice for add ons to show their size before we install them (for those of us that are storage space challenged)

Ok so it was six cents!

1) this is not muiu it is built on a totally differnet framework it is impossbile to do many things that are on muiu using google source code. thats a total different animal. not sure what the task bar in muiu is like or what it is. can you throw up a screen shot or a description.
2)you can uninstall anything you want its called file browsers astro is free and can get into system using wizard mode root explorer is a coupel bucks and is awesome to do these things. But we are working on something cool for 2.0. we included many to assist and i did ask for what people waned included and included all of those and many others.
3)the alternate apps are not names because they will not always stay the same we switch things in and out often to continue the magic experience what you saw last week might not be there next week. the stock will always be the stock sourcery apps.
you cant uninstall animations they must always be there you can return to stock animations easily if you dont want any go into spare parts and turn them off.

All the addons are available from the market also and should show size . we included ability to uninstall most of our custom stuff. but many of these things may be better suited as your likes with the way we plan on doing things in 2.0. if we can make them work :)

thanks and i hope this makes sense. we cant just put delete apps for everything :)

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
1) this is not muiu it is built on a totally differnet framework it is impossbile to do many things that are on muiu using google source code. thats a total different animal. not sure what the task bar in muiu is like or what it is. can you throw up a screen shot or a description.

2)you can uninstall anything you want its called file browsers astro is free and can get into system using wizard mode root explorer is a coupel bucks and is awesome to do these things. But we are working on something cool for 2.0. we included many to assist and i did ask for what people waned included and included all of those and many others.

3)the alternate apps are not names because they will not always stay the same we switch things in and out often to continue the magic experience what you saw last week might not be there next week. the stock will always be the stock sourcery apps.

4)you cant uninstall animations they must always be there you can return to stock animations easily if you dont want any go into spare parts and turn them off.

All the addons are available from the market also and should show size . we included ability to uninstall most of our custom stuff. but many of these things may be better suited as your likes with the way we plan on doing things in 2.0. if we can make them work :)

thanks and i hope this makes sense. we cant just put delete apps for everything :)

1) Shoot, I was just in MIUI to get a screen shot of something else. I'll jump back in a little bit.

2) I'm not sure how to uninstall an unwanted app from the file manager. What would I do if I wanted to remove something like...dspmanager or the contacts widget?

3) I understand, it would still be nice if we could see what the alternate app was without actually installing it. Perhaps a preview screen?

4) So if I picked an option to install one of the optional animations and didn't like it I could go back to stock animations and it would delete the old ones? I'm very space conscious (way too many cool apps).

Granted I am getting a pretty late start on your ROM. I just installed yesterday. But so far it seems pretty nice. You guys are conducting yourselves like I hope I would if I decided to rock my own rom. Great job guys!

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

4)you cant uninstall animations they must always be there you can return to stock animations easily if you dont want any go into spare parts and turn them off.

1) Shoot, I was just in MIUI to get a screen shot of something else. I'll jump back in a little bit.

2) I'm not sure how to uninstall an unwanted app from the file manager. What would I do if I wanted to remove something like...dspmanager or the contacts widget?

3) I understand, it would still be nice if we could see what the alternate app was without actually installing it. Perhaps a preview screen?

4) So if I picked an option to install one of the optional animations and didn't like it I could go back to stock animations and it would delete the old ones? I'm very space conscious (way too many cool apps).

Granted I am getting a pretty late start on your ROM. I just installed yesterday. But so far it seems pretty nice. You guys are conducting yourselves like I hope I would if I decided to rock my own rom. Great job guys!

To uninstall an app with a file browser such as root explorer u can long press the app u want to delete and a dialog box will come up with options such as delete. Apps are located in the following places
/system/app
/data/app
And the app data is usually kept in /data/data

Like eagle said the alternate apps change a lot we usually post the change however on twitter and here but when we find new things we change them out and to change anything in the settings we currently need to update/port 12 different app zips which requires testing because things can break and what not so it's honestly not that easy but we do our best to post changes made.

In the animations section in the rom there is an option to go back to stock u can always switch to any other animation at any time and the other one is switched out. The way that works is a different framework is installed each time u switch animations there are currently 66 different animation frameworks set up. So yes if another is installed the other is completely wiped out and stock is an option

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

jhuntdog

Reaction score
Thank you eagle, gflam for developing an excellent ROM and for your support.

I suggest that you build a way to download the latest version of the full ROM on your website. For those of us who started with Sorcery early, the current system is great and I would like the update options to continue.

The marketing side of my brain figures that you potentially lose lots of new users who don't see a way to download the latest version. For someone considering switching to Sorcery from another ROM, it may seem too time consuming/tedious to follow instructions that require you to download V1.1, install and set up the ROM, download the V1.2 update from your website, manually flash from recovery, and then use Sorcery settings to update to V1.3. I estimate that many would-be users end up trying other ROMs (taking their donations with them).

I've been using Sorcery since inception and feel this request would ultimately benefit the current users. Since more users would likely yield more resources for developers to draw from (more $$) and ultimately make my sorcery experience better, I am adding this to the official request list.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
iirc from 2.0 on it will be like that, think was mentioned here a bit ago.

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea I've already rewrote the script with a different approach and execution it has been tested and works. The new script will be able to tell what version of sourcery u are on and will automatically update u to the newest version when selecting sourcery update. For instance if u were on 1.1 and u selected update it would bring u to 1.3 with just the one selection. This new script will be used in 2.0

jhuntdog

Reaction score
iirc from 2.0 on it will be like that, think was mentioned here a bit ago.

Yea I've already rewrote the script with a different approach and execution it has been tested and works. The new script will be able to tell what version of sourcery u are on and will automatically update u to the newest version when selecting sourcery update. For instance if u were on 1.1 and u selected update it would bring u to 1.3 with just the one selection. This new script will be used in 2.0

Thanks for the quick response, dmacleo and gflam. Keep up the awesome work. I'm excited to see how the sorcery develops.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Just FYI

dont want people to think i ignore their posts.
i have 3 things to say regarding donations. you havent seen me mention them before nor will you again.

1) i will not respond to any comments regarding donations.
2) I will not threaten , mislead, make empty promises to get donations.
3) I will continue to develop Sourcery for the learning experience of it.
I will continue to release Sourcery to the public if they continue to want it.

For those that have requested features here in this thread I believe 90% of them are approved and moving forward.(which ones are a secret) :)

bpowellAU

Reaction score
IPv6 support which google goggles needs to run. And the option to phone or message from the lock screen.

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
IPv6 support which google goggles needs to run. And the option to phone or message from the lock screen.

IPV6 support is in your kernel, not in the ROM. Use one of the Chevy kernels, they have IPV6.

bpowellAU

Reaction score
Thanks will give them a shot maybe some of the new ones will work! I'm surprised that Slayhers don't have IPv6 support!

Status
Not open for further replies.