[Official] Help and Support for JRummy Roms

foxdog

Reaction score
humm... im guessing its a permission error? this superuser 2.2 is being a pain, i keep hafing to help people get back to superuser 2.1. let me know what the error was tho

RoyR80

Reaction score
I had this issue before. Reflash the ClockWordMod recovery and try again. If that doesn't work, just move the rom zip to the root of your sdcard and boot in to recovery then install the zip from there.

Boot to recovery is when you hold X down while turning on correct? If it is, I cant even do that. When I tried to hold X, all it did was show the M sign and then boot my phone up like usual..

flashing some things with rom manager occasionaly "breaks" your recovery, in rom manager at the bottom is expermental/alternative recoverys, flash one of those and when its done flash clockwork back.

RM wont even install the Clockworkmod for me. Sometimes when I open up RM, itll give me 3 options to chose from because it had some error. If I get that error again, Ill post it. I just know one was to contact the maker of RM, and I forget the first 2.[/QUOTE]

Dump/unistall/delete RM.
reinstall, reflash, and (hopefully) enjoy.
(this usually is my last resort)-but has had a high rate of success. (perfect, so far)

tameone

Reaction score
Having the following ROM specific problems with Lithium 1.0.12, insanely clean theme:

Maps 4.4 FCs when I go to Layers. Clearing data doesn't help.

"My Location" is very slow to be found throughout the OS. It does locate me correctly now, but when it has to fix in on the loc fresh, it takes very long.

When I receive a phone call, the answer/silence green/red sliders are messed up. The green one is half way off the screen to the left and the red one is already highlighted like I'm pressing it. Doesn't prevent me from answering the phone but it looks bad and something is askew..

EDIT: Deleting Maps using whatever method you choose (I used absolute system lithium mod edition), then reinstalling from market seems to fix map issues.

Last edited:

villain1998

Reaction score
FCs all of the time

I installed litmod blueberry and I'm getting a lot FCs on my adw launcher, browser, tunewiki, and twitter. It seems like this ROM isn't quite stable. I will change out p3 kernel for a chevy kernel to see if the performance improves.

irishdroid

Reaction score
Kangerade 1.0 is holding me hostage

I am running Kangerade V1.0 and I like it but have been trying to keep updating to the new JRummy builds with no luck.

I can run Cyan, SS, BB or most anything other than new JRummy roms. I really want to go to Lithium Mod and I tried again but no luck. Here is what happens.

1. I downloaded said ROM and did not wipe, new rom loads, phone reboots with new boot animation. I then feel the haptic feedback to let me know phone is loaded up. The boot animation just stays on the screen forever. I can actually slide the lock bar open but I just get the animation.

2. I do all of the except I wipe the phone. This time the phone goes to the activation screen for setup. I log into my google account and I get all the way the finish setup button. I press the finish setup button and the setup wizard force closes and sends me to a black screen.

Like I said I can load any other rom I want, but, I dont want those I want Lithium Mod. Any ideas?

dpaine88

Reaction score
So I ran into a MAJOR issue today.

Charged my phone last night, all night for about 6 hours.

Wake up and woah..

1) Battery is only at 50%(Should be full)
2) Battery temp is 120F+ !!!!!!! wtf!!

Immediatly swapped in my backup battery and changed kernels.

Moto Droid
Lithium Mod
Gala Theme
JDJF's kernel running at 850mhz(his latest ones)

Swapping to P3's kernels now to see how it goes.

RoyR80

Reaction score
I am running Kangerade V1.0 and I like it but have been trying to keep updating to the new JRummy builds with no luck.

I can run Cyan, SS, BB or most anything other than new JRummy roms. I really want to go to Lithium Mod and I tried again but no luck. Here is what happens.

1. I downloaded said ROM and did not wipe, new rom loads, phone reboots with new boot animation. I then feel the haptic feedback to let me know phone is loaded up. The boot animation just stays on the screen forever. I can actually slide the lock bar open but I just get the animation.

2. I do all of the except I wipe the phone. This time the phone goes to the activation screen for setup. I log into my google account and I get all the way the finish setup button. I press the finish setup button and the setup wizard force closes and sends me to a black screen.

Like I said I can load any other rom I want, but, I dont want those I want Lithium Mod. Any ideas?

I've had this happen a few times to me. Gennerally its the result of downloading the/a. File while in a bad reception area. :-/ hopefully this helps. (From here out, ive decided that i just dl things @home on my wifi. ;-)

irishdroid

Reaction score

I've had this happen a few times to me. Gennerally its the result of downloading the/a. File while in a bad reception area. :-/ hopefully this helps. (From here out, ive decided that i just dl things @home on my wifi. ;-)

I do download over wifi. I just tried again and as soon as I hit finish setup button, it force closes. What weird is that I can get calls, my notification bar is there and everything, just no home screen.

RoyR80

Reaction score

I do download over wifi. I just tried again and as soon as I hit finish setup button, it force closes. What weird is that I can get calls, my notification bar is there and everything, just no home screen.

Hmm. Ok. (Just shootin in the dark here) are you sure u have a launcher? In Jrum, they're options, did u opt out of all launchers?

irishdroid

Reaction score

Hmm. Ok. (Just shootin in the dark here) are you sure u have a launcher? In Jrum, they're options, did u opt out of all launchers?

You know, I think I did. I think I was assuming that these newer versions were stock with ADW launcher. Ill give that a shot.

Shelooga

Reaction score
Jrummy, my cpu temp isn't updating, tried kang, ss, different kernels; nothings working. It only shows the temp it was at start up. In setcpu n tempmonitor. Any ideas?

jasonnc80

Reaction score

I'm willing to bet you did. The first time I loaded up lithium the same thing happened to me. I use launcher pro so don't like to have others on my system. After I sat on the black screen for a few minutes my account would reload download launcher pro and if be good to go

jasonnc80

Reaction score
Ok I'm having an annoying problem now myself.

I'm running lithium insane nemesis. Whenever I load up my maps it will not pinpoint with gps, just cell tourer approx. Also whenever I try to pull up settings, layer, labs,etc it will immediately force close. Since the gps isn't working I can't use my tracks or earth. I tried wiping and reflashing but I get same problem everytime.

If I reflash back to cm or bb it works fine. I use maps/tracks daily so its a real deal breaker for me if I can't get them to work. The rom is awesome and id like to use it full time so any help would be greatly appreciated.

canvs2321

Reaction score

I'm running lithium insane nemesis. Whenever I load up my maps it will not pinpoint with gps, just cell tourer approx. Also whenever I try to pull up settings, layer, labs,etc it will immediately force close. Since the gps isn't working I can't use my tracks or earth. I tried wiping and reflashing but I get same problem everytime.

If I reflash back to cm or bb it works fine. I use maps/tracks daily so its a real deal breaker for me if I can't get them to work. The rom is awesome and id like to use it full time so any help would be greatly appreciated.

silly question but are you turning on from Locations and Security->Use Wireless networks & use GPS Satellites?

i know if you don't have those on it'll give you a round about location. Turn those on and it should pinpoint you within 5-20secs.

jasonnc80

Reaction score

silly question but are you turning on from Locations and Security->Use Wireless networks & use GPS Satellites?

i know if you don't have those on it'll give you a round about location. Turn those on and it should pinpoint you within 5-20secs.

Yeah I double checked and both gps satelittes and cell tower boxes are checked. If I disable the cell tower box and just have gps checked it will fc my maps as soon as I load it up.