Official Team D1-MIUI-10.22-V5.X Release

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Team D1-MIUI Proudly Presents D1-MIUI-0.10.22-V5

D1-MIUI is not the "kitchen sink rom" We choose to keep it lean so you can add your own apps. Addon packs will be posted. Feel free to make your own. But remember no full roms. This is Team D1-MIUI forum. Only our official rom will be posted. Please read the rules sticky and the example mod sticky if you need help.

Please read this whole post before downloading and flashing.

This is a full wipe rom. Meaning wipe data/factory reset through clockwork recovery.
Please flash it that way.

This is necessary so we can further development on MIUI for the Droid 1 without having a backbone ROM to flash over. If you don't flash it this way we can't tell what bugs are directly from MIUI.

Most of the problems with accounts and sync not showing up were because of flashing over another rom.

For example accountsandsyncsettings does not need to be renamed. It works fine if you flash it like stated. The same goes for network location ie telocation.

With that said......

This is a 99% fully functional ROM.

The only problems that remain are:

Verizon tab does not show in the market. What you see is the T-Mobile market.

Sliding open the keypad will unlock the phone. If this is an issue change your lockscreen options to Pin/Password or don't use this rom and put your droid in your pocket while wearing jeans or girl pants. We will look in to disabling this feature/bug.

Facebook contacts don't sync. Some say syncmypic from the market works for this but I don't know I don't use facebook.

You cannot record 720p video. No droid rom does this. This was built for the n1/desire. I'll have a look into disabling the option.

Dialing *228 will force close the phone. Dial *228+ instead. It works the same.

If you can't download a certain file you need to install Astro filemanager, DownloadCrutch or something similar from the market. We are working to fix this natively.

Things not to do:

Do not flash themes made for any other version. If you do don't post your bugs here.
Do not use MIUI Backup to restore anything from previous releases. Problems have been reported.
Do not use Titanium Backup to restore anything other than downloaded market apps.
Do not flash this rom if you haven't wiped data/factory reset.

If you must have whatever verizion app that's not in the market then back it up with something like Astro Filemanager or Titanium backup and restore it after you've flashed D1-MIUI.

DO NOT ADVANCE NANDROID YOUR DATA PARTITON BACK. IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF WIPING DATA/CACHE. YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH OLD DATA THAT IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH MIUI AND THEREFORE NOT COMPATIBLE.

What is not included:

You will need to download most google apps from the market. This makes updating them easier since they are not stuck in /system/app waisting space.
Examples: Maps, Google Search, Street View etc.

I left out Carhomelauncher, Carhome, Wirelesstether, and a few others. Addon packs will be made if you need these. Have patience we have lives too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[video=youtube;x6yY53Kcc0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6yY53Kcc0w&feature=related[/video]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download: D1-MIUI-0.10.22-v5.zip - d1-miui - D1-MIUI-0.10.22-V5 Please flash this after wiping data/factory reset. Thanks Team D1-MIUI. - Project Hosting on Google Code

Changelog: Changelog - d1-miui - Project Hosting on Google Code

Issue Tracker: Issues - d1-miui - Project Hosting on Google Code
If you don't fully fill out the issue tracker form the issue will be deleted or marked invalid.
If you are willing to help post responses to the issue tracker. I only check it every couple days. This is not my full time job.

Generations have been working in jobs they hate, just so they can buy what they don't really need. ~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club, Chapter 19

Z

ZeroBarrier

Thank you for the update. When do you think the changelog will be updated to reflect v5? Curious to know what changes other than those I could figure out from the Chinese MIUI ROM page.

TMYINC

Reaction score
Awesome! Downloading now. I had good luck with v4.1.1 so I am excited to test this out. Thanks for all your hard work and posting all of the updates. Its much appreciated.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Interesting, seems to have a heavier CM base compared to previous releases. I'm curious to know if the additional files needed for DSPManager to work are included in this build. Also, is the SIM toolkit app needed or can it be safely removed (I'm guessing the latter, since the Droid doesn't even use SIM cards).

hoppermi

Reaction score
Ugh.. same framework Zen? Or do all themes have to be reported?

Sent by draining my battery......

These weekly updates are a themers nightmare. Lock screen has changed, also includes notification bar. Settings menu has been completely reworked. Dialer looks like it might be a little different too.... Its awesome that you can access settings for GMail, Browser, MMS, Calendar,and GTalk from the main settings menudancedroid

OUTSTANDING WORK TEAM-D1!!!!!!!!!!!! These MIUI guys are freaking hardcore!

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Interesting, seems to have a heavier CM base compared to previous releases. I'm curious to know if the additional files needed for DSPManager to work are included in this build. Also, is the SIM toolkit app needed or can it be safely removed (I'm guessing the latter, since the Droid doesn't even use SIM cards).

The only cyanogenmod is dsp manager and the opensource file manager. Spare parts, devtools and term are part of the android aosp. Some use them so I just included them for now. This was just something I threw together for myself last night. Metickone still needs to add his cool wallpapers and lockscreens.

The changelog is pretty much what ever the miui guys did. New settings layout, lockscreen, sms groups send should be fixed.

gujupmp88

Reaction score
is it just my computer, or do all downloads from the google code website go really slow?? im topping off at about 55 kB/s...

Z

ZeroBarrier

I found one small bug so far, if you can call it that. The selection page in Accounts & Sync Settings has white font on white background (luckily, the icons are fairly straight forward and sufficient enough for anyone with two brain cells to rub together).

So far, I'm loving the changes, gives the ROM a totally new (and extremely different) feel.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
is it just my computer, or do all downloads from the google code website go really slow?? im topping off at about 55 kB/s...

Mine always go fast. It could be getting hit hard.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
not just you its SLOW!

lol 20 minute dl for me.

Probably because so many people are DL it right now.

Rotech72

Reaction score
Anyone having f/c issues with Rom manager and for some reason can't find car home app after I install it:icon_eek: