oh crap...sbf fail! help

jbg25

Reaction score
ok...so I think I have a major problem.

posted this a few days ago but only response I got was from a mod by PM...and they said my plan made sense.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-please-confirm-my-plan-action-flash-sbf.html

So I flash my phone as described here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

used the 2.0.1_sbf from that link but I did not get a PASS

Status says : "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface BP Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error: 0xE003003F Address....."

It goes on for a while.

Anyway I have done nothing...phones says

SW Update
In progress.....

Can I be brought back here?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you flashed sbf 2.01 and it failed

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
what do I do from here? should I try again? Can I reboot? any what to find out what I did wrong?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going back to your original issue it would seem to me that the best idea would have been to do a factory data reset.

I hope it wasn't me you asked. Because in reading your original post I would have suggested a Factory Data Reset.

If I didn't I apologize.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you flash sbf 2.01 it will take you to 2.01.

Now if you just trying to root the new froyo then motoachche custom built sbf will work fine.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
I tried that...tried everything short of sbf...but no I just want to figure out if I can reboot my phone without problems? or what my next move is?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was the one who suggested hook, but I was thinking he was wanting to root. And if you are going to root you can a) flash sbf moto cache built or b) flash a previous built that allowed the root exploit.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If your phone does not reboot, then you will need to flash an sbf file. go ahead and try to reboot.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
I was not trying to get root.

I rooted back in January.

I had a major fail with clockwork in the middle of a backup. every since my phone has been totally screwy. I tried running fix permission...I tried switching ROMS, I tried installing the unrooted froyo via DMupdater then doing a factory reset. NOTHING has fixed my phone. Constant freezes and reboots...few time during important calls....programs not working right and force closing. ALL since the CW event.

I asked my my original thread about how to flash back to stock 2.0.1 so that I can go back the beginning and do a deep reset of the phone. Then I would do another factory reset...then worry about REROOTING the phone.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
had to pull the battery...turned back on and it went straight to the bootloader.

says

Code Corrupt

Batt OK
OK to program

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;9udWx-KXwGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9udWx-KXwGY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Flashing SPRecovery SBF File to a Motorola Droid[/video]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that sbf file could have not loaded correctly. Try to download another sbf file brb ill grab one

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did your phone update to the latest froyo?

droidman101

Reaction score
did your phone update to the latest froyo?

i dont think you get what hes saying here, hes saying he was running a rom and clockworkmod messed up during midflash and he was able to get a backup but its been acting weird with fcs and everything. he is trying to get it fixed by doing 2.0.1 sbf and then wants to reroot. trust me, it confused me too :)