Otterbox defender or Laza Zcell case?

thrgk

Reaction score
I am looking for a case for my htc rezound with extended battery, and i know the defender will fit without the back, but u just use the silicone skin and top part, or i can get the laza zcell one, which is made for the extended battery, but idk if its as good quality, or protects as well.
Anyone have opinions?

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
thrgk said:
I am looking for a case for my htc rezound with extended battery, and i know the defender will fit without the back, but u just use the silicone skin and top part, or i can get the laza zcell one, which is made for the extended battery, but idk if its as good quality, or protects as well.
Anyone have opinions?

I know there at least 3-4 companies that make a case for the stock HTC extended battery. Currently, I am using the Diztronic extended battery case. It's a tpu case and fits perfectly. If you have a screen protector it doesn't peal it off and the volume buttons work good. Check it out at Diztronic.com.

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
I have the defender and I like it. I'm paranoid about breaking phone and it gives me peace of mind knowing how protective it is. Plus the buttons (power/volume) are much easier to hit, whereas before It was hard to hit the power.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
does it fit well on defender with big battery?

HowardZ

Reaction score
I know there at least 3-4 companies that make a case for the stock HTC extended battery. Currently, I am using the Diztronic extended battery case. It's a tpu case and fits perfectly. If you have a screen protector it doesn't peal it off and the volume buttons work good. Check it out at Diztronic.com.

is the diztronic similar to a soft silicone case?

does it feel a little cushioning, compress a tiny bit when you squeeze it?

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
does it fit well on defender with big battery?

The defender fits well with extended batt. Obviously you can't use the back plastic portion but it still feels well protected

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
hmm ok, torn between the otterbox for $20, or the laza zcell for $15, the laza is nice it seems, but the otterbox is prolly easier to get off, since just peel the silicon off.

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
hmm ok, torn between the otterbox for $20, or the laza zcell for $15, the laza is nice it seems, but the otterbox is prolly easier to get off, since just peel the silicon off.

If you can get a deal like that for the defender then take it. More protection and easier to get off

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Brightonbrad said:
If you can get a deal like that for the defender then take it. More protection and easier to get off

I just got my Rezound off of Craigslist and it came with the Otterbox commuter..its nice but needed a beltclip. I found a seller on eBay for 20 for the Defender. It's a steal with free shipping.

HowardZ

Reaction score
The defender fits well with extended batt. Obviously you can't use the back plastic portion but it still feels well protected

Can you use the defender with its belt holster clip thing along with the rezound's extended battery?

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
Can you use the defender with its belt holster clip thing along with the rezound's extended battery?

Yeah. The holster clips into 2 little indents built into the side. They are connected to the front portion of the case

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
HowardZ said:
is the diztronic similar to a soft silicone case?

does it feel a little cushioning, compress a tiny bit when you squeeze it?

It's like a hard plastic. Tiny bit soft. But it fits well on the Rezound with the oem extended battery. I would recommend it over any extended battery case out there. I have used all of them and this one fits the best and doesn't peal off the screen protector like the others.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Now I don't know which to buy, defender or diztronics.

I can buy both for $32 and free shipping.

Last edited:

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I personally use the otterbox for my droid bionic. But sources have told me that the otterbox for the rezound makes it look, and feel like a brick. It's up to you how far you want to go with protection but you will sacrifice the looks of the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC