[HACKS] Overclock Bionic/Droid3 [Instructions]

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm at 1.2GHz also, you never know if it's going to work until you try it :)

You seeing a noticable difference?? Never considered 200mhz much of an increase, but that was on a single core.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You seeing a noticable difference?? Never considered 200mhz much of an increase, but that was on a single core.

The only real difference I see is in some stupid benchmark tests. They say it's running about 20% faster (imagine that!!). Seat-of-the-pants feel is "snappier". To me, it feels about as fast as when you switch off screen animations and suddenly the phone snaps to new screens instantly and it feels much faster. But that's about it. I've seen absolutely no ill effects so far - even battery consumption or heat.

Globed

Reaction score
You seeing a noticeable difference?? Never considered 200mhz much of an increase, but that was on a single core.
Ive noticed an over all smoother phone and a more responsive phone. 200 MHz doesn't seem like much but 200 MHz allows it process quite a bit faster.

wilboy

Reaction score
Ive over clocked mine to 1.2 and am having no issues
I know that it should work w/ 1.2,Just put mine to 1.1 cuz of video tooks to much battery.I'm always watching movies @work during break-time that's why..Like now i tried to watch movie for 30 min.(normal for me is:it takes between 17 to 20% bat. consumed)but awhile ago it took me to 31% w/ 1.1 in 30 min..It means overclocking is working fine and video is much more better than normal...so doing 1.2 will probably put me to 35 to 40% bat. consume.So i'm fine w/ 1.1...Been doin this since i was on D1 using SetCpu.:biggrin:Like what's BAYOUFLYFISHER said..it works that way by overclocking...my concerned is Video..ya know?:biggrin:
The only real difference I see is in some stupid benchmark tests. They say it's running about 20% faster (imagine that!!). Seat-of-the-pants feel is "snappier". To me, it feels about as fast as when you switch off screen animations and suddenly the phone snaps to new screens instantly and it feels much faster. But that's about it. I've seen absolutely no ill effects so far - even battery consumption or heat.

Sorry,am lil. bit drunk..have had 4 bottles right now! :biggrin:

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
definately improved my benchmark. Pulled 2200's running MavROM now almost 2600. Does feel a bit snappier so will see. Not sure I like it running full bore all the time but will see how it impacts things tonight.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure I like it running full bore all the time but will see how it impacts things tonight.

...after the initial hack you can lower your minimum back to 300mhz

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
...after the initial hack you can lower your minimum back to 300mhz

Just locked up on me....after a reboot we gotta redo the terminal commands correct? I'll retry and lower my min.

LLR0717

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
@ JSTAFFORD1...Don't under estimate the power of overclocking..LOL
:D

Oh I know....I had my D1 running at 1100 and 1200mhz for a bit. Then had a refurb that couldn't run over 1000. I'll try anything once :D

LLR0717

wilboy

Reaction score
Oh I know....I had my D1 running at 1100 and 1200mhz for a bit. Then had a refurb that couldn't run over 1000. I'll try anything once :D

LLR0717

lol..i just put mine in 1.1 to make safe...:biggrin:yeah..this isn't D1..miss my D1 when it comes to overclocking!;)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
lol..i just put mine in 1.1 to make safe...:biggrin:yeah..this isn't D1..miss my D1 when it comes to overclocking!;)

1.2 should be safe. The RAZR runs at that with the same processor. All or nothing baby lol

LLR0717

wilboy

Reaction score
1.2 should be safe. The RAZR runs at that with the same processor. All or nothing baby lol

LLR0717
Didn't put mine to 1.2 coz i'm a video fanatic.LOL

I know that it should work w/ 1.2,Just put mine to 1.1 cuz of video tooks to much battery.I'm always watching movies @work during break-time that's why..Like now i tried to watch movie for 30 min.(normal for me is:it takes between 17 to 20% bat. consumed)but awhile ago it took me to 31% w/ 1.1 in 30 min..It means overclocking is working fine and video is much more better than normal...so doing 1.2 will probably put me to 35 to 40% bat. consume.So i'm fine w/ 1.1...Been doin this since i was on D1 using SetCpu.:biggrin:Like what's BAYOUFLYFISHER said..it works that way by overclocking...my concerned is Video..ya know?:biggrin:

Sorry,am lil. bit drunk..have had 4 bottles right now! :biggrin: