Overnight data usage.

Dog097

Reaction score
I finally got a Droid. I chose the Droid Bionic! Verizon was offering a deal where you can get 4gb of data when you get a 4g phone. I have only 1 question. When I wake up in the morning I notice that about 10mb has been used overnight. I know it's not a large amount but I was just wondering if this was normal.

Thanks

Cytamius

Reaction score
It's probably email, Facebook, etc checking for updates occasionally. You can set up Smart Actions to disable background data between X pm and Y am if you don't want to burn your data while you sleep.

OP
D

Dog097

Reaction score
Its not available for the bionic:( I could just put it in airplane mode at night right.?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its not available for the bionic:( I could just put it in airplane mode at night right.?

Settings->Battery & data manager->Battery mode

select "Nighttime saver"

This will disable sync after 15 minutes of inactivity between the hours of 10PM and 5AM.

You can also choose "Custom battery saver" and click the gear icon to the right and set up a custom rule.

EDIT: I did notice that these settings only work when the device is not charging. So if you keep it on the charger at night, this may not work for you.

Last edited: