Pair Apple bluetooth keyboard?

Jon K

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to pair my Apple bluetooth keyboard to my Droid X - it sees it when I go to scan devices, but asks for a PIN. Not sure what the pin is, if any. Does this work? Can anyone offer any help? Thanks!

nickademus420

Reaction score
boo apple!

Not sure if it is Apple or Motorola or Google that is making this keyboard not work with this phone, but I have gotten it connected myself.
I found on the Apple forums that to connect their keyboards to Mac's or PC's you have to enter a pairing code on the computer first, then repeat the code on the keyboard, then press enter.
This will pair and connect.
I am typing on the keyboard right now.
So I tried that on my Droid X, and it paired. But I couldn't get it to type on Firefos, TaskOS, the Android Market, or Quick Office.
I went into my settings, language and keyboard, and took it off SWYPE and changed it to Multi-touch keyboard, the only other option. Still no typing.
My opinion is that they just aren't speaking the same lingo, and doubt there is a fix for it, unless it comes with the next OS/firmware update from Google/Motorola.
We can hope.
dancedroid

Technoman

Reaction score
My guess is that the Android OS knows that you have a foreign device attempting to attach to it, and has enabled anti-apple protection!!!