Patent application shows 3-in-1 device based on a stretchable OLED display!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
samsung-patent-stretchable-display-device-3-in-1.png

A patent application has been published today by Samsung in South-Korea. It shows a 3-in-1 device that transforms from a watch into a phone, and even a tablet. This device is based on a stretchable OLED display.

The display that is used can bend, fold and stretch into various shapes and forms, making for one adoptable piece , as the patent explicitly points out, OLED technology. Samsung has filed patents in the past with a stretchable display, but this is the first one showing a more solid application for such technology. What we see here is a concept much more than an actual product.
samsung-patent-stretchable-display-device-3-in-1-b.png

We are still waiting for Samsung’s first foldable display phones to appear on the market.

samsung-patent-stretchable-display-device-3-in-1-c.png

What do you think? Do we need devices that wrap around your wrist, but stretch into a phone or tablet when required? I think that it is a very interesting concept!

Source

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be all for it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm considering patenting a jacket that has feathers attached to it. That way, when you flap your arms, you can fly just like a bird!

That's the best way I can describe what I saw in that patent concept.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
If they are able to pull something like that off it would be amazing. Seems like we have a better chance of getting UDP from Verizon before something like this will come to existence.