Phone is slow, apps not working, dial pad takes forever to open

pepperworks

Reaction score
I am at my wits end with this phone, it's beyond slow, apps are constantly force closing, the dial pad takes a long time to acutally make a call, the camera will freeze and I have to shut the phone off. The keypad freezes and will get stuck on random letters and it takes a few seconds to start working again. I turned the animation transaction off. I don't have any games, very few apps, only a few pics nothing that could cause problems. Anyone have any suggestions?

sk102704

Reaction score
pepperworks said:
I am at my wits end with this phone, it's beyond slow, apps are constantly force closing, the dial pad takes a long time to acutally make a call, the camera will freeze and I have to shut the phone off. The keypad freezes and will get stuck on random letters and it takes a few seconds to start working again. I turned the animation transaction off. I don't have any games, very few apps, only a few pics nothing that could cause problems. Anyone have any suggestions?

I had the same exact issue until I did a factory reset and now it works great. Make sure you move all your pictures and music to your SD card and backup what you can and the go to settings>privacy>factory data reset. Make sure you have the backup my data and automatic restore is checked. You'll have to sign into your apps again but it should fix your problem. It did for me. Good luck!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you on ICS, or are you still on GB? It was like that for me at the end of GB, but the update seemed to cure it (plus a cache clear).

It does sound like a Factory Reset will be the cure.

Scribble

Reaction score
Yep same thing happened to me. I lived with it (and my wife constantly telling me "your phone is slow...") for a while then did a factory reset. It is now awesome again.