phone shutting off battery pull to power back up??

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
So my friends phone has been rooted and runnin g S.S 3.1 for about a week not with no issues. well he called last nite saying his phone was on table and he picked it up and it was off and couldnt get it back on unless he pulled battery. the first time he pulled battery ikt got stuck on the boot animation then he rebooted and it worked. well since then his phone has shut off 2 more times having to pull battery to get it back on....
anyone know what this issue could be? i thought maybe the kernel but it ran fine for a week.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Where is his standard notification sound located? On the phone or sdcard? I've had some reboot problems when using a sound from my sdcard with some roms. Might not be the whole trouble, but it's a start. On another note, some of these phone have had a hardware issue that causes this to happen and the only thing to fix it is to return for a replacement.

good luck

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Honestly; the best thing for your friend to do is come to this section so we can provided him with the one on one help. The simplest thing he can do is to reboot into recovery and restore a backup.

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
He has his ringtones in a folder I created on his card. I put the folder call"ringtones" on the root of his card.should I delete that folder and move into into a different place?i read before there's another place u can put intoned and what not into a diff folder and still have them show up under the selections.
And he would post but he has to get his internet fixed and can't use his phone Like that at work. I have been helping him learn all the processes such as rooting etc etc but he comes to my place to do it on my comp so I figured is help out and see what his issues could be.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
You have his ringtones folder named and placed correctly. However, I asked about his "Notification" sound. You know, the sound that plays when the phone powers up unless you disable USB notifications on the phone.

hebertm1

Reaction score
I had been rooted, SetCPU, Titanium Backup, and all the works. Have had my phone shut off a few times. Rooted my wife's Moto Droid also, and hers is now shutting off. I am wondering if SetCPU is set to 250 in standby if this is just too slow and puts the phone completely to sleep. I have since returned to Stock until this gets figured out.

FunnelWeaver

Reaction score
I had been rooted, SetCPU, Titanium Backup, and all the works. Have had my phone shut off a few times. Rooted my wife's Moto Droid also, and hers is now shutting off. I am wondering if SetCPU is set to 250 in standby if this is just too slow and puts the phone completely to sleep. I have since returned to Stock until this gets figured out.

I'm thinking the same thing. I've had to do battery pulls coming out of sleep mode more and more often [3 times today], using a low voltage kernel. I thought that may have something to do with it, so I went from a 1Ghz kernel to a 600Mhz kernel, but no difference. I am now starting to increase the minimum speed a little at a time. Right now I'm scaled 300Mhz - 600Mhz. Once I find a good bottom line and stop having to pull the battery, I will return my results here.

Juggalotus

Reaction score
This is pretty nutty because the same thing happened to me today too...*shrugs*..I moved over to BB and all is well now...As for SetCPU I would suggest having it go to 500 in sleep and 600-700 when charging...

19DroidRage84

Reaction score

Raise the sleep/standby speed and see if that helps. 250 is to low it leads to a lot of lag.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i am also experiencing this issue, i set mine to 400 standby(as that is the next slot up in my current kernel) will test this for the next day or so and report back

FunnelWeaver

Reaction score
As of right now I've switch to BB v1, no SetCPU and I've not had to do a battery pull since. I strongly feel that the 250Mhz sleep was the culprit before.

Darkseider

Reaction score
As of right now I've switch to BB v1, no SetCPU and I've not had to do a battery pull since. I strongly feel that the 250Mhz sleep was the culprit before.

THIS. I had posted a thread a while back on the same issue. Was running BB v.7 w/ 1GHz Adamz LV kernel and SetCPU w/ 250 Mhz sleep. Since then I have gone to BB v1.0 w/ the 800Mhz Bekit kernel and letting Pete's scripts manage everything and haven't had the problem since. Prior that I would have this occur multiple times a week.