Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can't justify getting one. I thought about it when I got the 3XL. I almost out my $50 store credit towards the first gen, but got the Bellroy leather case instead. Then I ended up getting a Lenovo Clock Essential to replace my old alarm clock.

I still use my phone for alarms because the Lenovo doesn't have battery backup, so it's really just a smart speaker with a clock, date, & temp display.

I can't see having both on the nightstand, but I'm too used to glancing at the clock when I'm in the bedroom to only have the time there when the phone's on the stand...

That said, my wife's grandma is always too generous with Christmas money, so if that holds true this year, maybe I'll use that excuse to get one.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I can't justify getting one. I thought about it when I got the 3XL. I almost out my $50 store credit towards the first gen, but got the Bellroy leather case instead. Then I ended up getting a Lenovo Clock Essential to replace my old alarm clock.

I still use my phone for alarms because the Lenovo doesn't have battery backup, so it's really just a smart speaker with a clock, date, & temp display.

I can't see having both on the nightstand, but I'm too used to glancing at the clock when I'm in the bedroom to only have the time there when the phone's on the stand...

That said, my wife's grandma is always too generous with Christmas money, so if that holds true this year, maybe I'll use that excuse to get one.

Or you can get the first gen for $29 ..I don't even know what is new ..lol

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The first gen is still a great stand if you can find one on a good sale. The new one does charge a little faster. But the original works fine for my style of charging: put the phone on it when I go to sleep, and it's fully charged when I wake up

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
The new one has 3 different charging modes. Optimized, Max, and Quiet. Not sure about the 1st series, but the 2 also has a cooling fan. Looking forward to it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The first gen is still a great stand if you can find one on a good sale. The new one does charge a little faster. But the original works fine for my style of charging: put the phone on it when I go to sleep, and it's fully charged when I wake up

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
That's honestly all I want. I charge over night. I'm liking adaptive charging holding my battery at 80% & then making sure I'm at 100 by the time my width goes off when plugged in during the week.

Sure, the clock/screensaver is a nice addition, but other than the occasional top off, I'd have that stuff off most of the time to charge while I'm sleeping anyway.

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
The new one has 3 different charging modes. Optimized, Max, and Quiet. Not sure about the 1st series, but the 2 also has a cooling fan. Looking forward to it.

It's up for pre-order and I just pre-ordered it. Thought about it this morning and had it in my cart but just now pulled the trigger.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My wife ordered me a pair of A Buds. I missed the chance to get them free even though I knew there was an option.

They're estimating delivery the first week of January. We ordered a Pixel 6 for her at the same time & it's supposed to get here before Christmas.

So...I cancelled my pixel buds order with Google. Because Walmart had them in stock. Got them today & I'm loving them so far.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They are pretty decent for the price. I have 2 pair, and now that Google wouldn't allow me to just get credit to another device, I'll be having a 3rd pair show up.

I might give the 3rd pair away as a yt giveaway.

Funny, no one wants the free cases .

The saying, "you can't give those away" is literally true.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've also got a new pair of Skullcandy Push active wireless buds coming.

Can't say enough good about their warranty. I had a pair of their Sesh Evo buds that I used for work. They did the job just fine, but when attempting to reset them for use with my 6pro, I noticed they each had hairline cracks in them. I've always kept them in the case when not in my ears.

I only paid like $40-50 for them, but they emailed me saying my claim was approved, but those were out of stock (must be the color, because they still have other variations on their site). They gave me $80 online store credit to make it right, so I decided I'd try a fancier pair.

The code must've triggered free shipping, because these are 79.99 & it rang up for $0 with free shipping. I tried to order one of their $129 pairs because I found a code for $50 off of those, but when I put in my code for the $80, it cancelled the code for the $50 off & the cheapest shipping option it gave me was $10.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Skin time.. Sopiguard with Spigen Ultra Hybrid case
d67b2cc56760f16f3e593c9d0fcc837d.jpg
df4910ab77ebd182a9a820071a1ea4a2.jpg
c10c0bb4e12d60b5ba44fea80291b662.jpg
dd49ff3c6310bda7ce2fd8a92c37bee2.jpg