Please Help - Google Voice Search

mixn123

Reaction score
Voice search is one of my favorite functions of the phone. Never had a problem with it. I have not downloaded any apps or updated anything in a week or so.

This morning I was in the map program and wanted to voice search something (in google, not on the map). But the search went on the Map. So I killed all my apps and restarted voice search. Now, nothing happens with Google voice search. I get the window that pops up with the microphone icon on it. Sometimes it makes it to the "working" screen but goes no further. Most of the time it just sits on the Speak Now screen and nothing happens. At first, I typically will see the "meter" showing audio, but sometimes it just does nothing. It just sits at the speak now screen. I never can get a result.

I have restarted the phone. Removed the battery and/or SD card numerous times. I've cleared data and cache on the Voice Search app. Not sure what else to do.

Please help.

EDIT: BTW.. "Voice Dialer" works just fine. So it appears to be just a Voice Search issue.

lyam

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same issues. Google Voice Search will not analyze my voice, it just sits there waiting for input. In addition, when canceled out, the cancel sound is very muffled as if the speaker is broken. It is not, though as the mic and speakers both seem to be working fine with every other app.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm monitoring both threads. i have shazam installed but my internet connection here blows, so i can't tell if my search function is broken or not.

i'd like to see a thread that explores why shazam is causing this problem.

goinverted

Reaction score
I don't have shazaam installed, but my search stopped working this morning as well. I won't recognize any voice searches, but I did notice that the voice dialer recognized my speach. So I don't think it is a mic issue. Has someone tried contacting Verizon to tell them that lot's of us are having this problem?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't have shazaam installed, but my search stopped working this morning as well. I won't recognize any voice searches, but I did notice that the voice dialer recognized my speach. So I don't think it is a mic issue. Has someone tried contacting Verizon to tell them that lot's of us are having this problem?

I'm watching THREE threads on this issue. One guy was just on the phone with VZW...he also called Moto, but they said it wasn't their issue.

No update as to what they said....

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Verizon needs another MEID number from a user.

In his original thread, Steve said they are checking using my MEID number now. Will try to keep this thread posted...If I can keep them straight. I'm following 3.

***UPDATE:
My Meid Hex: A0000015BA3FA9

thanks I have enough now, their system will take three only. the problem has been moved to "upper levels" and may take 24 hours for a reply.

OP
M

mixn123

Reaction score
Jonny, thanks for pointing to the previous thread.

I'll refer to there for updated and info.

Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Jonny, thanks for pointing to the previous thread.

I'll refer to there for updated and info.

Thanks!

Not a problem at all! I was following 3 threads on this issue and figured it'd be easiest for everyone to gather on one when info started coming in!

AbsoluteDroid

Reaction score
Same issue but a little more data

My voice search is fubar. I am getting the error message (process.com.google.android.voicesearch)has stopped unexpectedly please try again.

Then you have to force close the app.

I have not done any updates recently and I did not download shazam.

I am thinking this is a google problem but not sure. If anyone finds the solution please let me know also when a cure has been found.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I think it's a Google problem. Today was the first day I've ever had a problem and it just would NOT work from my homescreen (stock ROM with Home++).

Odd this was it DID work EVERY time (over a dozen) if I started it from within Maps (which worked because I was looking for local businesses). But no matter what I did it would not function from the Home screen... The search window would load but the mic would NOT take any input (i.e. it would not record/recognize any sounds).

Hopefully they'll get it fixed tomorrow.