Ported from Sprint iPhone to Verizon Razr...

tendercap

Reaction score
but now I rarely have service, my 3G and 4G works for about two hours a day. It's been nearly two weeks and countless hours with tech support later and nothing has improved. My device was exchanged and then a few days later I received a new sim card and still I'm not able to get any service or receive any texts. However my Sprint iPhone received an iMessage from another iPhone yesterday. Now my question is, if I cancel the account altogether an open a new line without any porting involved, will it fix my problem? Thanks in advance.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The razr has it's issue nothing will fix it until the update launchs in a few days so you will see improvement.

I think this statement might be a little misleading to a new customer. The Razr did have connection problems with 4G upon first release, but 3G was usually spot on unless the 4G caused a whole data outage. Since the last update for most people data connections have been functioning as they should. Strong 4G signal all the time and the switch between 4G/3G was seamless as it should be.

If the OP is not even receiving text messages, and they are going to his old phone. I would venture a guess that it is not Razr related, but rather something happened when the number was ported over. It would be a shame to lose your number, so maybe trying to process again or checking with Sprint to see if they are running behind and not doing their part on their end.

Reaction score
Iv been reading that some razrs are having 4g data issues not all

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
T

tendercap

Reaction score
It definitely must be a razr issue, I returned the 2nd device two days ago and my new model works lovely. Thank you guys for the help.

al91stang

Reaction score
It definitely must be a razr issue, I returned the 2nd device two days ago and my new model works lovely. Thank you guys for the help.

I has the exact issue when I first ported over to Verizon... And my issue ended up being my port hadn't fully completed and sadly it took about 1 week but I stuck with it because I didn't want to lose my number. Good luck bro hopefully you have the same issue I highly doubt its your device especially if you already swapped it..