possible to have 4g lte only mode?

monsterman2010

Reaction score
Hello anyone takes the time to read this. I recently bought the new razr from VZW. Previously I was using a USB modem for home internet but the cap was annoying. So I wanted a 4g phone to tether to my laptop. Now i'm on the edge of 4g service but with my modem I could switch it to lte only and avoid the switching of 3g to 4g. Yeah I only got 1to2 bars of 4g but it was better than 3g. Is there something out there that can make the razr do this. My razr basically stays on 3g in my house cause the 4g is too weak. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

KOBALT

Reaction score
If its switching to 3g that means you lost the 4g signal. Keeping your phone set to 4g won't make an LTE signal appear out of nowhere.

If you could do it, it would just drop off completely rather than going to 3g.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

OP
M

monsterman2010

Reaction score
well before i set my usb modem to 4g only, it would switch to 3g all the time and lose signal completely when switching. Soon as i found out about switching it to 4g only, i kept a 4g signal all the time. Not sure how or why but that completely made my modem better when it was locked on 4g. So i'd venture to say if i could put the phone on 4g only also it would find it and stay on it. I always thought if 4g was too weak it would switch to 3g if it was stronger. What im telling you though about the modem is completely true. Just wish I could try the same thing on my RAZR.