Post 7.0 Battery Life

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
We've had Nougat for a week now. What is everyone experiencing with regards to battery life? I think for me, it's somewhat improved since the update. I'm at 33 hours since unplugged and it's at 48% still. Granted, that's with light use, but that's my norm and I usually got about 36-40 hours in the past, but by then it was getting down to running on fumes.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
We've had Nougat for a week now. What is everyone experiencing with regards to battery life? I think for me, it's somewhat improved since the update. I'm at 33 hours since unplugged and it's at 48% still. Granted, that's with light use, but that's my norm and I usually got about 36-40 hours in the past, but by then it was getting down to running on fumes.
Honestly, I can't tell a difference. My world has been upside down since the upgrade (my elderly dad fell & broke his neck), so I haven't given it much attention. What I DO know is that there hasn't been anything significant either way to grab my attention.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Thanks, guys! He broke his C1 & C2 on Thanksgiving. He's lucky to still be alive AND fully functioning. Was in the trauma unit until yesterday. I got him settled in at a rehab facility close to us for now. Not sure what the future will hold. He is too high of a risk for surgery to stabilize it, so he's stuck in a very stiff brace for several weeks -- at least. I'm an only child, so on top of my own family, house, job, new business, and volunteer gig, I'm dealing with this. Soooo, I'm lucky to even remember to plug my phone it to charge at night LOL

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Take each day one day at a time...it's all we can do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
@jkaod I'll let you know what I see with battery life with a Z Force and Z Play in a few days. Hoping to have my new phone and wife's new phone setup tomorrow. I can't say what they were before Nougat, but will be able to say what they are setup fresh & clean on Nougat.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Sheeesh, @Sajo ! I'm taking it hour by hour LOL! Got him in rehab last night. Got up to go to work this morning and turned around and went back to bed for a couple more hours LOL! The relief of getting him out of there finally set in.
So, needless to say, I honestly don't know what my battery life has been like since the upgrade and that's not just a blonde statement :p

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
My battery life is good. No unusual numbers when I check in Settings/Battery.

Sent from my Moto Z Force Droid using Tapatalk.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! He broke his C1 & C2 on Thanksgiving. He's lucky to still be alive AND fully functioning. Was in the trauma unit until yesterday. I got him settled in at a rehab facility close to us for now. Not sure what the future will hold. He is too high of a risk for surgery to stabilize it, so he's stuck in a very stiff brace for several weeks -- at least. I'm an only child, so on top of my own family, house, job, new business, and volunteer gig, I'm dealing with this. Soooo, I'm lucky to even remember to plug my phone it to charge at night LOL
@gudasu praying for your Dad and for you too. I hope he will do better each day!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
You and your dad are definitely in our prayers. C1 C2 fractures are not very common and can be devastating. So very glad he's doing well.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
You and your dad are definitely in our prayers. C1 C2 fractures are not very common and can be devastating. So very glad he's doing well.
Thank you @jkaod! We're very lucky he survived it AND with no paralysis. He's a very tough old bird.... Stubborn, as well.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thank you @jkaod! We're very lucky he survived it AND with no paralysis. He's a very tough old bird.... Stubborn, as well.

You have to be tough to get by in this life! Glad he didn't have any paralysis.. He's very lucky( and you too) good to hear good news...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Wow Gudasau, that's amazing he's ok! I absolutely want to pass my best wishes along as well, positive thoughts make a difference!

And on that note, my battery life has definitely been better.

Maybe nothing mind shattering, but there is a noticeable improvement. Then again, my battery life was pretty horrible in the week or so leading up to 7.0. I use a lot of power hogging resources so I let it slide, but it was much worse than it had been. I used to be able to plug in before bed with at least 10%, recently I've been having to plug it in a few hours before I go to bed. Can't seem to figure out what made such a huge difference in such a short amount of time, I'm thinking some sort of random app update that was causing conflicts or something?

7.0 seems to have given it a bit of new life though, let's see if it sticks!