POST-ICS. Going back to different launchers?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Prior to ICS, I used Go Launcher. I liked it better than 2.3.6 but I'm kind of digging ICS a bit more. What I didn't like about the GO launcher was the squished screen (from top to bottom) while going through your apps.

That said, those that have upgraded to ICS, what are you using now? Stock? GO? Something else? Do tell.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Stock. Used several others but came back to stock due to it's lack of lag.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
I like Apex for the ability to set an 8x7 home screen layout and resize widgets. Even though I use folders rather than filling my screen with individual icons, I still prefer the smaller icons.

jtc303

Reaction score
I still use Go Launcher... just haven't found one that satisfied me like GOLEX can... I don't think I'll change until Rabbit Launcher gets better/more adult themes.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I really like GO because of the added (and free) widgets that are also themeable. But as far as ICS only launchers the three players right now are Nova, Apex, and Atom.

I tried Atom and it is pretty sweet but needs work. Nova was the original ICS replacement launcher and it is nice. But I much prefer Apex. The free version is a little more customizable than the free version of Nova.

worldofross

Reaction score
What ever happened to ADWLauncher EX 1.3.3.5.. ?

Thoughts Opinions ?

I paid for this when on ICS for Droid2 Global but now have Droid Razr Maxx and loving it alot.. :biggrin:

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I actually was one of those still using Launcher Pro before the update. While I was well aware of the lack of support, it still worked fine on GB. The move to ICS caused enough issues that I finally got around to looking at new launchers. Wound up with Apex. Very cool! Does everything I need it to and then some. Had a slight learning curve from launcher pro, but in a good way. It works smoother and with less headache.

ccartertn

Reaction score
I actually was one of those still using Launcher Pro before the update. While I was well aware of the lack of support, it still worked fine on GB. The move to ICS caused enough issues that I finally got around to looking at new launchers. Wound up with Apex. Very cool! Does everything I need it to and then some. Had a slight learning curve from launcher pro, but in a good way. It works smoother and with less headache.

Still using Launcher Pro Plus. Had to re-install after ICS patch to get it to work. Minor glitches like it forgets what the Home app is. I may look into getting another launcher - resizing widgets is key for me. I also like the LPP scrollable built-in Facebook and Twitter widgets.

How do you rate Apex vs. LPP?

CC

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Shoot, I thought I was the only one still using LPP... :p I know eactly what you mean about forgeting where Home might be. I don't really use any of the scrollable widgets. For all I know Apex does it too... You know, I have a hard time rating one app over another just because so many people have their own personal idea of the way things should work. But Apex did enough for me that I ran both Apex and LPP for about 20 minutes. After that, LPP was uninstalled and Apex became my new friend, but with support and zero force closes. Once I messed around for a bit, I found I was able to do more than LPP and in a simpler manner. I don't know about you, but more than once I set up my home screen on LPP only to find out days later, when I hit home, I was completely on the wrong screen. Apex... Shoot, I just mark which screen I want to be my home.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I still like Go products over the stock ones. I am using Launcher, SMS, Locker, Notifications, just like the customization over stock.

jtc303

Reaction score
I still like Go products over the stock ones. I am using Launcher, SMS, Locker, Notifications, just like the customization over stock.
I love Go Launcher. and liked SMS... but it was updating so often it annoyed me so I just went back to the stock messenger... I would like/use Locker if there was no lag... not sure if they fixed that since the last time I downloaded (plus, if I remember correctly the lock screen music control doesn't work with it, that's a big no-no for me)... never tried Notifications... Go widget is good too... just not as good as widgetzoid2.x

1coopgt

Reaction score
Using stock launcher now on ICS . was using ADWLauncher EX when I was on GB

Vicious1

Reaction score
Was using adw launcher ex, but since it's, using nova launcher. Similar to adw, but smoother

Squeak87

Reaction score
I used the stock launcher on GB and now on ICS. I've checked out a few launchers but none of them really sparked an interest.

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->