"pouch" for galaxy nexus

prey

Reaction score
I'm looking for a case for my nexus.
Not really wanting a snap on case or anything semi permanent... More of a pouch to slip my nexus down into..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sorry, Dez...Link removed per vendor request.

Last edited by a moderator:

billyk

Reaction score
Dezymond - have you purchased any of those cases?

I especially like the first one listed, the one with the velcro closure. But, the dimensions don't jive with the GNex dimensions. Too bad...

OP
prey

prey

Reaction score
Think you could squeeze 3800mah battery in there?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Ozzie

Reaction score
:icon_eek:...I really doubt that...a standard battery is fairly snug. It fits well in the pocket.

billyk

Reaction score
If if won't fit an extended battery, I have to keep on looking.

I ordered one of those cheap Hong-Kong pouches - should be here by the end of the year. :biggrin:

Currently using this:
Amazon.com: BlueMall Microfiber Sleeve Pouch Cover Case - Black for Motorola Droid 4 XT894, Droid RAZR MAXX 4G, Admiral PAX XT603, MILESTONE 2, EX128, EX115, Atrix 2 4G, DROID RAZR XT912 HD, Droid Bionic Targa XT875, Photon 4G, Triumph WX435, Droid 3

Still looking for a reasonably-priced pouch that accomodates larger batteries.

Leonidas

Reaction score
Try this one:

http://www.amazon.com/PDair-Leather...OKKW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1332184183&sr=8-4

I have one that I bought through Amazon. It arrived in about 10 days from HK. It's very nice and the phone is not difficult to remove from the pouch. It's well padded and protects the phone nicely.

I also bought this one from Senna. It is very nice but impossible to get the phone out of it in anything under 20 seconds, during which time you nearly drop the phone 3 times and miss your call anyway.

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Galaxy Nexus Leather Cases for Google

Last edited:

billyk

Reaction score
I received the cheap Hong-Kong pouch the other day - only 7 days shipping - and it's actually rather nice for the money.

But, since I didn't have a good pouch to put my new GNex in a few weeks back when I first got it, I bought a Diztronic TPU case to use in the interim. I've gotten to really like the Diztronic, as it not only provides full-time protection, it actually makes the GNex nicer, more secure to hold. I much prefer it over going "naked".

So now I am interested more in getting a pouch that will accomodate the very slim Diztronic case as well. The BlueMall Microfiber pouch has been pressed into service and it's OK, but the Diztronic is a little grabby (by design) and getting it into the microfiber pouch can be maddening.