Poweramp

chosendude

Reaction score
Is poweramp worth the 5$? Im currently running a rooted phone with 2.3 and one of the rooted music apps. The main thing i am trying to get is enhanced sound quality. Does poweramp give better sound quality? or does it just give you the ability to adjust the bass, treble, etc.

dbst

Reaction score
You could try out the free version before you buy it

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
C

chosendude

Reaction score
i know i just want to get other peoples opinions as well, cause its hard for me to compare the players side by side.

aristo1963

Reaction score
I own the pay versions of mixzing and poweramp,I find myself enjoying poweramp the most.For me it was worth the 5 bucks.

qkpony

Reaction score
I would say yeeeeees so worth it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

slider112

Reaction score
Yes, Poweramp is definitely worth it in my opinion...

For me, when using the equalizer, there is a noticeable sound quality difference over every other player, including Mixzing.

B

bigsapz

Def worth the $5. Best sound quality on Android. Get it

Sent from my 2.3.2 AMOLED Incredible

91LudeSiT

Reaction score
Poweramp is not worth a dime, my rom(bugless beast) has DSPmanager built in. Before that I used poweramp and was disgusted with the service it runs in the background constant eating up system resource.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
folks please don't quote a post that violates the TOS here... it's no better than the original post itself.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... and yes PowerAmp is worth the $5.

DSP manager does not offer the same level of control and ease of use IMO.

Detonation

Reaction score
Worth it? Yes. Though I like it over other players for its interface. I love how the cover art is the prominent aspect, allowing you to swipe left and right to change tracks (no need to look to hit the right button). I know others players do this too, but they're not as good as poweramp. I don't know about actually "enhancing" the sound quality, but the equalizer is great.

And as others have said, just use the trial. Its lasts for 15 days, but doesn't actually lock you out for about a month.

forstir9

Reaction score
I am still on my trial but as soon as that runs out I will not hesitate to buy it. It really is that good. The sound quality is the best I have ever heard on any portable music player that I have ever used.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App