Preferred way to play music on your Note 4?

ralgrl73

Reaction score
I'm loving my Note 4! I'm coming from the Galaxy S3 and the Droid X before that. I've never really been into putting music on my phone because I also have an iPod but now I'd like to explore options for my phone. I'm very used to iTunes and the customizations I've done in it. I'm more interested in creating playlists from my library of MP3s that allow me to order the songs within the playlist however I want (instead of alphabetically, etc).

Am wondering what apps others are using for listening to custom-loaded playlists?

Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I use Google play music. Mostly because I have an All Access subscription, but not only will it let you create playlists, it will create "smart" playlists for you from a song you like. I've had great results.

Not sure if the stock music player allows playlists. I always install Google music right away.

Sent from my Note 4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Plenty of options.. Widgets... Settings...
uploadfromtaptalk1414885906270.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1414885925915.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1414885943595.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1414885959305.jpg

M8 tap'd

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Google Play and Poweramp support the importing of iTunes playlists.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That's what I read anyways. I've only used iTunes twice. Once to re-flash iOS 8.1 on my 6+ so I could jailbreak it (it won't work if you've OTA'd from 8.0 to 8.1. The other time was the backup I did just before re-flashing. I have zero music in iTunes.

Anomander

Reaction score
I use Xbox Music if I do listen to music on my phone. One of things I like about that is finding an artist I like and then making a radio station with them. Xbox Music will find similar bands and make a playlist for me. I have discovered some new bands this way.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I use Xbox Music if I do listen to music on my phone. One of things I like about that is finding an artist I like and then making a radio station with them. Xbox Music will find similar bands and make a playlist for me. I have discovered some new bands this way.
Google play music dies this as well.

Sent from my Note 4

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've always used the stock player. It allows playlists, play by artist, etc. I find Google music has much more drain on the battery in my experience.
I do like Poweramp though, I simply haven't taken the time to set it up on my new device.

S5 tap'n