PSX4Droid => General Discussion

Strifer116

Reaction score
It's been about 3 months since I put a ROM on my psx4droid. So I'm real foggy with putting new ROMs on.

I see the ways of the ECM and stuff but don't remember if you can do everything from just your phone or no? Like the other emulators you can just do everything from your phone, or is that impossible with psx?

It is not a limitation of the Application it is a limitation of our phones to extract such large files. None of the current file managers will allow you to extract large WInRAR or ZIp files.

There is an UnECM app however why use that when you have to use your computer to unzip them already?

Diordna

Reaction score
It's been about 3 months since I put a ROM on my psx4droid. So I'm real foggy with putting new ROMs on.

I see the ways of the ECM and stuff but don't remember if you can do everything from just your phone or no? Like the other emulators you can just do everything from your phone, or is that impossible with psx?

It is not a limitation of the Application it is a limitation of our phones to extract such large files. None of the current file managers will allow you to extract large WInRAR or ZIp files.

There is an UnECM app however why use that when you have to use your computer to unzip them already?
Cause Ubuntu's OS is very complicated with that stuff

Strifer116

Reaction score
I just found out about Rom Buddy. Doesn't have best stars or reviews in market but anyone have luck with this?

No that thing is useless

Just google PSX ROms

Doperoms, emuparadise, Zophar's Domain they are all good

There is no "Easy" way to get ROMs for a PSX

They are 100x larger than SNES and other emulators Android people normally use so they are heavily compressed etc and take awhile to download

If you want to enjoy a much more advanced system such as the PSX on your phone you have to be willing to spend 15 mins learning how to set the roms up

Diordna

Reaction score
I just found out about Rom Buddy. Doesn't have best stars or reviews in market but anyone have luck with this?

No that thing is useless

Just google PSX ROms

Doperoms, emuparadise, Zophar's Domain they are all good

There is no "Easy" way to get ROMs for a PSX

They are 100x larger than SNES and other emulators Android people normally use so they are heavily compressed etc and take awhile to download

If you want to enjoy a much more advanced system such as the PSX on your phone you have to be willing to spend 15 mins learning how to set the roms up
No I understand, and I DO have games on my phone. I have FF7, 3D pacman game, tony hawk, spyro, marvel vs capcom. But it's been 3+ months since I did anything else with games on here so I am real foggy with it and wondering if there was an easier way. I remember someone having a site that makes the downloading of the ROMs a lot faster to download as well.

thanks for your comments!

Diordna

Reaction score
Ok so I want to say Rom Buddy is very amazing and I'm in love with it.. but it doesn't have psx options which really sucks, but boy it can't be more perfect for the other emulators! Very happy with it, unless I want a play station game. It needs to work on that lol

Torrentula81

Reaction score
Seems like I'm having more issues then others. Ff 9 sound has constant pitch nose with music during game pay. Ff tactics I get sound like a bomb going off after characters dialog. Ff 7 the last letter on some words almost appears to not be there. Really dark. Are the issues different for every one based on cell phone model cause it appears that most people are paying these just fine now.

ibebyi

Reaction score
Seems like I'm having more issues then others. Ff 9 sound has constant pitch nose with music during game pay. Ff tactics I get sound like a bomb going off after characters dialog. Ff 7 the last letter on some words almost appears to not be there. Really dark. Are the issues different for every one based on cell phone model cause it appears that most people are paying these just fine now.

No you are not the only one with those problems. i am guessing with psx4droid 1.7 or 1.61 right? I would use 1.5 as ff7/ff9/tactics are all playable and havent crashed on me once. The sound issues in 1.5 are a bit more bearable than the constant high pitch hum in ff9, as they are sporadic and dont happen for every battle.

What kind of phone are you using? I'm on a Galaxy S (fascinate)

Torrentula81

Reaction score

No you are not the only one with those problems. i am guessing with psx4droid 1.7 or 1.61 right? I would use 1.5 as ff7/ff9/tactics are all playable and havent crashed on me once. The sound issues in 1.5 are a bit more bearable than the constant high pitch hum in ff9, as they are sporadic and dont happen for every battle.

What kind of phone are you using? I'm on a Galaxy S (fascinate)

Thanks for the response. I'm using droid X. I switched from v1.7 to 1.5 to try out ff9. Sound is crackly a bit but is the improvement I was going for. I wonder if any one has found a way to have the two versions installed side by side. Thanks for the heads up :)

Therev29

Reaction score
For the FF games have you tried checking SPU IRQ in settings. This helps with the sound on most squaresoft games

bsehovac

Reaction score
Help! :)

I have a problem with psx4drid, its resolution is 660x440 pixels? Is anyone have simillar issue?

kmnman

Reaction score
USB controller usage

Has anybody looked into using an actual usb controller with psx4droid? i have a tablet with a usb port, 1 Ghz proc, android 2.2 and the app store. plus i have my usb controller from when i use emulators on my pc. just wondering...

Danja

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the latest version will run Syphon Filter? I'm trying to decide if I should pay for it or not and that's the tipping point :).