quick question

mbost

Reaction score
ok, so, my D3 WAS rooted with safestrap and liberty ROM, BEFORE verizon pushed this last update, after which verizon had to sbf my phone as i couldn't get to my computer for about a week and needed a phone not a paper weight. :( just had a quick question for the experts out here. I previously rooted with petes one click (cause im lazy :( ) and installed safestrap then liberty. i have since heard that one click doesn't work anymore because of this very update that has caused my recent problems, and furthermore that safestrap is not going to be a very used/useful/worked program anymore. wondering what i need to do to get rooted again and whats the best strapper to use. I would like to go back to liberty and will probably stay with it till they decide to no longer provide systems. thanks guys and gals. :) These are my phones particulars.

system version: 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US
Android Version: 2.3.4
Baseband: N_03.18.32P
kernal version: 2.6.35.7-g5fa4155xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1
build number: 5.5.1_84_D3G_66_M2-10
eri version: 5
prl version: 52809

pistacio

Reaction score
Look for "motofail" exploit for droid 4, works like a charm to gain root on 5.7.906. It's similar to Pete's root tool, but works for the new update.

I believe most ROMS are compatible with safestrap and are still using it in the flash instructions... using version 1.08 myself from hashcode's site.

OP
M

mbost

Reaction score
Beautiful. Thank you very much. Kinda figured safestrap wouldn't go anywhere. Ok, ill do this tonight and finally be happy with my D3 again. :)

pistacio

Reaction score
Awesome! Glad I helped!

Sent from:
[ ] Droid 1 A855
[ ] Droid 3 XT862
[x] Xoom WiFi
All rooted, of course.