[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

As far as I know this process will do the forever root on your phone. If it doesn't, here's the manual method:

Forever root manual method:

Open an app such as Root Explorer from the market
Navigate to the system/bin/mount_ext3.sh
At the top of the screen press the Mount R/W button
Long press mount_ext3.sh
Select copy
Navigate to sdcard-ext
Press paste (this will put a clean copy of this file on your sdcard in case things go badly)
Navigate back to system/bin/mount_ext3.sh
Long press mount_ext3.sh
Select Open in Text Editor
Scroll to the bottom of the file
Press the the return key on the keyboard to put a empty line
type the following:

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

(note: there is a single space between chmod and 4755 and there is a single space between the 5 and the /.)

I don't have a paste option once I'm inside sdcard-ext.

What file explorer are you using?
root explorer

Also, can you answer this for me. I was rooted before the update to .893. After the update I still have superuser and bionic bootstrap and lightflow still get granted superuser access. Titianium Backup gets denied. Is there such thing as partial root? When I try to change r/o to mount r/w in root explorer, nothing happens.

root explorer

Also, can you answer this for me. I was rooted before the update to .893. After the update I still have superuser and bionic bootstrap and lightflow still get granted superuser access. Titianium Backup gets denied. Is there such thing as partial root? When I try to change r/o to mount r/w in root explorer, nothing happens.

You can install Root Checker on the market and it should be able to tell you if you're rooted properly.

As far as I know this process will do the forever root on your phone. If it doesn't, here's the manual method:

Forever root manual method:

Open an app such as Root Explorer from the market
Navigate to the system/bin/mount_ext3.sh
At the top of the screen press the Mount R/W button
Long press mount_ext3.sh
Select copy
Navigate to sdcard-ext
Press paste (this will put a clean copy of this file on your sdcard in case things go badly)
Navigate back to system/bin/mount_ext3.sh
Long press mount_ext3.sh
Select Open in Text Editor
Scroll to the bottom of the file
Press the the return key on the keyboard to put a empty line
type the following:

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

(note: there is a single space between chmod and 4755 and there is a single space between the 5 and the /.)

Awesome, thanks much! You think I should try the normal method or is it likely that I will run into a bootloop or brick?

Why am I not able to switch between r/o and r/w when I hit the mount r/w button? The button turns blue when I press it, but nothing happens. I can't edit the mount_ext3.sh file.

Last edited:
Why am I not able to switch between r/o and r/w when I hit the mount r/w button? The button turns blue when I press it, but nothing happens. I can't edit the mount_ext3.sh file.

I would try reboot and/or battery pull and try again.

I need idea please. This won't work because my file system is r/o and I can't change it to r/w.

Link to the One Click for Bionic not working

I have tried several different times and several different sites to download the file and always get:

[h=1]Oops! Google Chrome could not find th3oryrom.com[/h][h=2]Suggestions:[/h]
  • Search on Google:

Back