Random reboots

skyyaa

Reaction score
Anyone getting seemingly random reboots on 1.0? They're not terribly frequent, maybe once every day or two, but still annoying. Don't seem to follow a pattern either, just some action then black screen and reboot. I'm using the lv 250 - 900 sapphire kernel if that helps.

Did you wipe data/cache two or three times when installing it? If not, thats what my first step would be.

Did you wipe data/cache two or three times when installing it? If not, thats what my first step would be.

This. I haven't noticed anything like that as my battery use times are on par from when i unplugged.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Anyone getting seemingly random reboots on 1.0? They're not terribly frequent, maybe once every day or two, but still annoying. Don't seem to follow a pattern either, just some action then black screen and reboot. I'm using the lv 250 - 900 sapphire kernel if that helps.

It happened to me for the first time yesterday after I hung up call. Im using the default kernerl. :icon_eek:

It happened to me for the first time yesterday after I hung up call. Im using the default kernerl. :icon_eek:

The hanging up from the phone call reboot may have something to do with this ...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cv...y-sensor-bug-makes-phone-go-mute-hang-up.html
not too sure though but it's worth checking out

how did you install sapphire?

if i install in sprecovery, and go sapphire>gapps>theme all without rebooting inbtween i get constant reboots.

somebody else had this problem too. solution was to just install sapphire + gapps, reboot, let phone fully sync, then install theme/kernel/whatever else.

how did you install sapphire?

if i install in sprecovery, and go sapphire>gapps>theme all without rebooting inbtween i get constant reboots.

somebody else had this problem too. solution was to just install sapphire + gapps, reboot, let phone fully sync, then install theme/kernel/whatever else.

That exactly how installed it. The reboot happend right after I was done with the phone call. It didnt hang up by itself. Overall best Rom so far dancedroid

I had some reboots on 0.8.4, but I was using a LV kernel. I went with an SV kernel for my 1.0.0 install and have not had any issues since. It's a shame because the LV was totally stable except for a couple random reboots. I wish there was a voltage option between LV & SV.

I had some reboots on 0.8.4, but I was using a LV kernel. I went with an SV kernel for my 1.0.0 install and have not had any issues since. It's a shame because the LV was totally stable except for a couple random reboots. I wish there was a voltage option between LV & SV.

I think there is in between voltage called IV

Edit: I thought IV meant intermediate Voltage but I guess its higher than standard voltage?? Maybe someone can correct me

Last edited:
it be nice to get a medium voltage. I remember seeing chevey kernel having a medium voltage. I used to get great battery life with those

I did wipe data and cache three times each. I installed gapps and the kernel separately too. Using black bar mod if that makes any difference. Pretty sure at least one off the reboots was after a phone call as well. will try a different kernel I think.

"IV" is for increasing voltage which is higher than standard.

I do not believe that is correct. IV does stand for "Increasing Voltage" but my understanding was it is basically a LV kernel at minimum speeds increasing to SV voltages at the top frequencies. Hence "Increasing" as opposed to "Increased".

I had this and disabled the built in o/c and used only setcpu.
so far fine.

Back