RAZR 6.12 update to ICS

darkcloud617

Reaction score
So When I first bought my RAZR (not he MAXX) I rooted it and took all the bloat off. And I didnt install any roms or anything else. Now that we have fastboot files and the community is picking up with new roms I though id flash ICS on it, problem im having is that I cant update it to 6.12 because im guessing i uninstalled all the bloat. Ive tried recovering the bloat from titanium but it still didnt work (maybe i didnt have all the bloat recovered or something). So that is my problem, I am wanting a taste of ICS but im having trouble updating to 6.12- is there a way to maually flash 6.12 or let it update with all the bloat uninstalled. Or really anything that can help me would be very much appreciated. I am using safestrap newest version with 6.11 isntalled.

Thanks in advance

chuggman

Reaction score
Back to stock

So When I first bought my RAZR (not he MAXX) I rooted it and took all the bloat off. And I didnt install any roms or anything else. Now that we have fastboot files and the community is picking up with new roms I though id flash ICS on it, problem im having is that I cant update it to 6.12 because im guessing i uninstalled all the bloat. Ive tried recovering the bloat from titanium but it still didnt work (maybe i didnt have all the bloat recovered or something). So that is my problem, I am wanting a taste of ICS but im having trouble updating to 6.12- is there a way to maually flash 6.12 or let it update with all the bloat uninstalled. Or really anything that can help me would be very much appreciated. I am using safestrap newest version with 6.11 isntalled.

Thanks in advance

The only way I would know how to restore to stock apps would be to revert back to stock. You will loose all you current settings, and apps, but it will work. Check out this site. [Download] DROID RAZR 2.3.5 Fastboot Files (6.11.744), with flashing instructions

I have used it, and it works.

OP
D

darkcloud617

Reaction score
The only way I would know how to restore to stock apps would be to revert back to stock. You will loose all you current settings, and apps, but it will work. Check out this site. [Download] DROID RAZR 2.3.5 Fastboot Files (6.11.744), with flashing instructions

I have used it, and it works.

Im assuming i would have to uninstall my safestrap and delete the 'safe OS'? then use the RSD? or will it work with safestrap installed? I mean would this cause problems considering it already has a different rom?

chuggman

Reaction score
Im assuming i would have to uninstall my safestrap and delete the 'safe OS'? then use the RSD? or will it work with safestrap installed? I mean would this cause problems considering it already has a different rom?

You do not have to uninstall safestrap, RSD will reload the entire phone back to stock. If you don't do a factory reset after RSD is done, it will be in a boot loop. I believe the link explains how to run a factory reset. If not google factory reset razr. Good luck!

OP
D

darkcloud617

Reaction score
You do not have to uninstall safestrap, RSD will reload the entire phone back to stock. If you don't do a factory reset after RSD is done, it will be in a boot loop. I believe the link explains how to run a factory reset. If not google factory reset razr. Good luck!

Thank you for the timely help I really do appreciate it. I just had one more really quick question. Considering that it is going completly stock, what if it does get stuck in a boot loop after i use RSD? Does that practically mean that the phone is hard bricked after that? or does will RSD reset it anyway? Sorry, ive never used anything like that before.

chuggman

Reaction score
Thank you for the timely help I really do appreciate it. I just had one more really quick question. Considering that it is going completly stock, what if it does get stuck in a boot loop after i use RSD? Does that practically mean that the phone is hard bricked after that? or does will RSD reset it anyway? Sorry, ive never used anything like that before.

If your in a boot loop your not bricked. On the Razr you have to hold down the Vol Up, and PWR button at the same time for about 10 sec. Then you will be able to boot up in recovery to do a factory reset. You may not even get the boot loop after you have RSD back to stock.

holla420

Reaction score

Thanks in advance

your best bet is to go back to stock and do it all over that way u kno u got all the files again and work ur way back to the 75 leak if thats wat ur trying to do