Razr Doesn't Recognize Internal Storage Running Liquid Smooth

RustyRazr

Reaction score
[FIXED!] Razr Doesn't Recognize Internal Storage Running Liquid Smooth

Obviously, I'm new to this site, as I imagine most are when they have their first big issue.
Right off the bat, I want to admit that this is solely my fault, and I have been trying to fix it for the past day... To make matters worse, the phone was a gift from my wife for our anniversary, so, I feel pretty bad about it...

The situation:
I rooted my phone yesterday with RazrBlade. I had to do a factory reset to get it to stick, but that was fine. I then installed Boot Menu Manager. I set up the necessary partitions, system_3 system.img (300mb), cache.img (300mb), and data.img (2Gb). I realize I probably should have given system more room... but I didn't think that was app related. I then flashed Liquid-JB-v2.8-OFFICIAL-spyder and gapps-jb-20130301-signed from goo.im. It didn't tell me the system partition was out of memory, so I assumed (like a fool) that everything was OK...

After a few reboots to the wrong system, namely the stock system, I decided to go into BMM and change the default to system_3, and then I did the dumbest thing possible: I thought to myself, "Wow, it would be a pain to see this bootloader each time my phone reboots. I'll turn the delay to 0!" So... I did...

The Problem
My phone now boots straight past the recovery to system_3, which seems to have no space allocated for applications at all, including system ones. I attached a picture of the storage details. It goes through the setup process each time I reboot, and wipes any changes I make. I can't download apps, and I can't install them via APK because the phone thinks there is no space left. I don't have BMM installed in this system so I can't turn the delay up, to my knowledge. There is no file explorer on this system, so I can't go into the app files directly. I have tried connecting with "Android Commander" but it doesn't want to detect my device. I installed the ADT bundle for windows to get the usb driver, but still nothing... I also tried a factory reset again, but that does the same thing as rebooting for me now.

The Challange
To my knowledge, I'm out of options, but I know most of you guys do this to see what you are capable of. I'm sure you've dealt with bigger issues. Can anyone help? Would Verizon techs be smart enough/have the right software to actually reset the phone?

Thanks!

Last edited:
i didnt quite follow all of what you were describing so excuse me if i ask something you explained.
can you get the phone into ap fastboot?
if no, thats bad
if yes, you should be able to use matts utility to flash it back to stock.

That is the problem, I only get the moto logo, the green led and then the buzz indicating that the kernel started. Then I get a black screen for 10 - 30 secs and I meet the setup screen again... No recovery screen at all even when "booting to recovery".

Well, I fixed my own issue. Against all odds, and without any help! ;)
Here's what I did, maybe this will help someone, or maybe it was just too obvious hence no one felt it necessary to suggest:
I followed these steps to make the phone install to the SD card (internal phone app partition really) by default.
I still had a problem downloading BMM from the market, but I think that was due to the market being outdated and troublesome, so I had to find an apk version instead.
I installed it, and restored the boot delay to 30 secs.
I then immediately booted to system_1 to feel safe.

I may try loading the Liquid Smooth rom again soon, but I will NEVER turn BMM's boot delay to 0 s EVER again...

That is the problem, I only get the moto logo, the green led and then the buzz indicating that the kernel started. Then I get a black screen for 10 - 30 secs and I meet the setup screen again... No recovery screen at all even when "booting to recovery".

it sounds like you dont know what ap fastboot is, i could be wrong.
glad you got it fixed though :)

Back