Razr M. 4.3" Display?? I think NOT..

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
+1000! Been said a million times before but that is why we choose Android!

aznguyen316

Reaction score
yeah buttons go away for MX video player. I like on screen buttons too so I have no complaints. It's just like on iOS when a part of an app (most apps) have a back on the upper left to go to the previous screen and there's a title etc. That takes up screen real estate too in terms of the app. iOS has basically in app navigation buttons that take up screen space. I do wish the nav bar was a little smaller however, I was able to edit this to be 30px on custom roms on the S3..I used nav keys even with the hardware buttons.

many apps look like this image.

View attachment 57644

Last edited:

donebrasko

Reaction score
yeah buttons go away for MX video player. I like on screen buttons too so I have no complaints. It's just like on iOS when a part of an app (most apps) have a back on the upper left to go to the previous screen and there's a title etc. That takes up screen real estate too in terms of the app. iOS has basically in app navigation buttons that take up screen space. I do wish the nav bar was a little smaller however, I was able to edit this to be 30px on custom roms on the S3..I used nav keys even with the hardware buttons.

many apps look like this image.

View attachment 57644
I never thought about it that way. The actual screen that you actually use is smaller on some apps.

Is there a way to hide the soft keys and make them show up only when you hit the power button or something?

sonik

Reaction score
I agree with the love them or hate em.. for me, I love them! The impaired real estate is well worth not having to worry about liquids/debris/wear or breaking of the hard keys that always seemed to plague mine in past phones. Besides, i've no doubt some hacks will come along that will also make these soft keys moddable :)

OP
N

Nyguy7

Reaction score
I agree with the love them or hate em.. for me, I love them! The impaired real estate is well worth not having to worry about liquids/debris/wear or breaking of the hard keys that always seemed to plague mine in past phones. Besides, i've no doubt some hacks will come along that will also make these soft keys moddable :)

I dont mind soft keys at all. I actually like them more so than the physical ones on the S3 and the iphone, I just wish it was a true 4.3 screen not counting them being there.. I just had my Razr M, next to an iphone5 and the screens are basically the same size, the razr M's may be a tad bit wider, but the height is the same, the iphones may be a a touch taller.

superdave25

Reaction score
I agree totally

The Razr Maxx HD says it has a 4.7 inch display, but after you take away the space used up by the permanent navigation buttons on the bottom, it is the same 4.3 inch screen. I'm very dissapointed in the lie and hype of a 4.7 inch screen. I'm using my upgrade for a S4 or Note 2. I can buy an extended battery for them also.