Razr will not activate.

newrzr

Reaction score
Bought Razr yesterday at Verizon around 2pm. He said it would take a couple of hours to activate. Woke up this morning. Still not activated. I live outside of the 4G coverage area. My old phone is off. The phone otherwise works fine.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Give vzw a call and see what they can do. It isn't uncommon fir a popular vzw phone to take a while to activate on launch day.

The Bionic had the same issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
N

newrzr

Reaction score
Just talked to Verizon. They have put in a trouble ticket and say they will call me back. Apparently this is unusual but not without precedent. They told me to take out the sim card and reinsert. Still no luck.

OP
N

newrzr

Reaction score
Just went through trouble shooting with Verizon. He had me Change the network mode to CDMA and home only. The 3g came on. Powered off again. Then back on. Now it works!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Glad you got it to work!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

golfore97

Reaction score
I had the same probloem with activating my BIONIC, initially i spent 4 hrs watching it try to activate. I spoke with a friend at my local VZ store which has a workaround. They activated my 4G SIM card with a TB in less than a minute and once i installed the 4G SIM card in my BIONIC i was up and running. Problem solved...

jazzi

Reaction score
Had the same problem turned out to be a faulty Sim card...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bloodhawke83

Reaction score
you have to call in, i called (800) 922-0204 and went through the promts with the computer and it works.

Geb

Reaction score
Razr won't activate

Got my Razr today, spent an hour on the phone with 3 different techs. So, how did the tech change your settings since the phone wasn't activated. I can't get past the first screen. Still waiting for a call back from a "trouble ticket".......

OP
N

newrzr

Reaction score
activating razr

Got my Razr today, spent an hour on the phone with 3 different techs. So, how did the tech change your settings since the phone wasn't activated. I can't get past the first screen. Still waiting for a call back from a "trouble ticket".......

touched the four corners of the screen in a clockwise pattern starting with the upper left corner.