RazrMaxx Vibrator Dead

glsmaxx

Reaction score
The vibrator has died on my Maxx. Talk about unhandy! I use it to notify me of calls, texts, and about everything else. (well, I did until a few days ago) I don't even have keypress vib. Can it be replaced? Is it soldered to the motherboard?

Any info would be great!

Thanks
Greg

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
The vibrator has died on my Maxx. Talk about unhandy! I use it to notify me of calls, texts, and about everything else. (well, I did until a few days ago) I don't even have keypress vib. Can it be replaced? Is it soldered to the motherboard?

Any info would be great!

Thanks
Greg
Hi Greg. I found a couple of older threads here where people had the same or similar issue. There might be some help there.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/197766-loss-haptic-feedback.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/205808-vibration-problem.html

OP
G

glsmaxx

Reaction score
Thanks for the links. They were interesting. I used to have some oil that was used in one of the posts. I am going to get some more. I would like to try that

Does anyone have a more straightforward guide as to exactly how to get to the vibrator motor? I have never had this Maxx apart. I would have already tried to get inside and replace it but from what I have read it's soldered on the board.

If the guy who oiled his reads this would you be specific as to the steps it takes to get to the motor? Plase even.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
There are a few how-tos on YouTube, watch a few as no one includes every step. Take your time, it's not too hard, even for a mildly geeky person.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

OP
G

glsmaxx

Reaction score
I have looked at youtube tear down instructions. I just wanted to know how far one had to disassemble it to get to the vibrator. If it takes a next to 100% tear down I might just grin and bear it , as far as the vibrator is concerned. On the other hand... If I don't have to separate the motherboard and all the little ribbons I would fix it.

I am an electrician, not an electronics man. My big ole rough hands, not to mention the eyes have problems with tiny things. I very much understand the phone I just have trouble putting the knowledge into practice.

I will give you all one more reason for the questions. : ) I can't see about anything. I go monthly to have Avastin injections to each eye to treat my chronic "wet macular degeneration" I, even with serious magnification devices have quite a bit of trouble. (yes the old needle in the eye cliche) I am not just too lazy or unread to take on the job. Just looking for a little bit of a cheat sheet or shortcut. The intricate ribbon connections and the like give me a bit of trouble. Thanks for the help!