Reactivation after Flash?

Orasion

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently get myself a Droid X after I sold my Good ol' Droid OG and found that flashing ROM on X is a little different.
So, I decided to upgrade to .602 from another GB Build (I forgot what build but its not .598 or .599) by SBFing to froyo and take the OTA from there.
But, after I SBF, I should reactivate my X. Problem is I did not live in US and to reactivate my number the operator have to charge me (I paid them for that this one time).
My Question is should I reactivate my Droid X after I flash custom ROM (not SBF but through CWM or stock recovery)?

And just for the Info, I SBF'd many of my motorola handset before like ROKR E2, A1200 and ZN5 but never have to reactivate my number, why is it different for Droid X?

I patiently wait for the answer here
:) :)

leftspin

Reaction score
You only have to reactivate it after an SBF, you can flash a custom ROM and stay activated. You will need to set up the phone again though (accounts, preferences, etc)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
O

Orasion

Reaction score
If I only have to reactivate my google account thats not a problem. But if I should pay my provider for what should be free, thats a problem.

Thx for the confirmation. Now its time to flash .602 based custom roms

:)

leftspin

Reaction score
I agree, but they won't pass up the opportunity to take more of your money :p careful not to brick your phone or you could end up paying for it again