Release must be the 13th

shaggykid

Reaction score
so your car is broke down and you are gonna buy a $300 phone? and you are posting from your droidx from my moms house? lemme guess you are like 17-19 ish

Veey good deductive reasoning. Thing is I don't need a vehicle atm. My dad owns a plumbing company so i ride to work with him. Otherwise, all my money would be going towards a car.

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

Cubemonkey

Reaction score
Can't be the 13th. Both of the VZW stores in NYC that I've spoken to have no inventory and no info on release date.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Can't be the 13th. Both of the VZW stores in NYC that I've spoken to have no inventory and no info on release date.

That is exactly what they are supposed to tell you.... :) Good job!

Cubemonkey

Reaction score
That is exactly what they are supposed to tell you.... :) Good job!

Yeah but...one of the guys was very candid with me about the whole issue (4g outage, google wallet, etc). I don't know why he'd clam up about their inventory.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Yeah but...one of the guys was very candid with me about the whole issue (4g outage, google wallet, etc). I don't know why he'd clam up about their inventory.

He thought you might try and rob them lol

Sent using common sense.

nleksan

Reaction score
Hey Shaggykid, don't let not having a car bother you, whether you're 16 years old, 18 years old, 22 years old, or 25 years old. I'm not THAT much older than you are (assuming you're closer to the latter numbers) and I have, at the moment, four cars, but in the past two years that number has ranged from 1 to 6 (I race and modify BMW's, as a hobby and a stress-reliever).

But, I also have three bicycles:
Fuji Tahoe 1.0 (Off-Road/On-Road "Fun" Bike) - upgraded wheels, tires, brakes, chain, derailleur, etc
Redline Conquest Carbon Team, factory customized (Training Bike) - full carbon frame; upgraded all components to Shimano Dura-Ace/Ultegra components
Fuji Altamira 1.0 DI2 DA Carbon (RACE Bike) - 100% carbon fiber ultra-light bike; upgraded only brakes, brake lines, shifter lines, seat, and tires

Sorry, wasn't my intention to go off topic.

Anyway, I applaud you for getting off your ass and actually biking 10 miles to a store, and another 10 miles back! That's quite a bit of exercise, and the country could use a lot more people getting on their bicycles instead of their cars, especially for the really short trips (10 miles isn't a short trip, though!).

Keep working and saving for your car, that's what I did when I was in high school... 40hr work weeks for three and a half years in order to buy my first BMW, which I still have to this day and is now my track monster ;)

Just to keep my post somewhat on topic....
YAY NEXUS!

shaggykid

Reaction score
Ha thanks man. I'm 19. Out of high.school. I've had 3 vehicles. 89 camarao rs was my first one. Totalled that when I got t-boned. Had a 97 ford f150 that my dad took and sold when I got kicked out. And now the last one Mitsubishi mirage. Which is a POS that don't run.

And it was only 5 miles there and 5 back ;)

AZClimber

Reaction score
Ha thanks man. I'm 19. Out of high.school. I've had 3 vehicles. 89 camarao rs was my first one. Totalled that when I got t-boned. Had a 97 ford f150 that my dad took and sold when I got kicked out. And now the last one Mitsubishi mirage. Which is a POS that don't run.

And it was only 5 miles there and 5 back ;)

Now the 1969 Camaro RS, that was a car! :D

nbucko

Reaction score
I guess they could announce it today but I find that pretty unlikely.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Khallos

Reaction score
I have this feeling it won't be announced, but someone from here will just have to walk in and buy one someday.

I'm guessing no one has been to a store yet?

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I just read my weekly deals on newegg.com that they sent me almost everyday and to my surprise when I was browsing it had the galaxy nexus for sale. I don't know if it's true but they had it for sale. I don't know if it provides any truth to it being released today or not. Just wanted to point it out to you all.

Sent from my HTC Rezound 4g LTE