[Release] Stock ESE81(2.1)-Deodexed

obededom

Reaction score
that can be done through applications > manage apps > uninstall, right? Or can it be done with my laptop? Thanks again and I will definitely be loading this up and trying it again tonight!!

I'm not sure, I've never tried that. If I were you, I'd grab androidcommander and use that to delete the .apk, assuming you have adb properly installed it's a nice tool.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Where would I find android commander? I checked out androidzoom and it didn't have it listed... is it in the market?

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, I will check this out when I get home... so I will use this (android commander) to delete the old superuser.apk, then push the new files with adb? Thanks... hope this works, I really want the deodexed stock...

JoeProcopio

Reaction score
just to confirm, you HAVE to pull superuser app out before installing the new superuser? cannot just install the new superuser apk....what if you copy the SU apk from system to your SD card, then reinstall it over the other one?

obededom

Reaction score
just to confirm, you HAVE to pull superuser app out before installing the new superuser? cannot just install the new superuser apk....what if you copy the SU apk from system to your SD card, then reinstall it over the other one?

idk, I pulled it. I thought the chances of failure with two apps designed to do the same thing was greater than pulling the orig. apk so away it went

JoeProcopio

Reaction score
so i got it working....

downloaded the chainsDD's superuser from XDA (go to XDA and search for ChainsDD), put it on SD card...shut down phone, booted holding X to get into recovery (clockwork), chose install .zip from SD card, navigated to file on sd card, then installed it...booted and new superuser was there.....

did not have to remove old superuser....

note, there are 2 SU apps from chainsDD, the signed one does not work, the unsigned one worked....

JoeProcopio

Reaction score
now if I can find out apps2sd now, i'll be good....the 2.1 stock with a few modifications runs very smooth....running ADW launcher on it and i'm pretty happy with it....but haven't installed all my apps since i can't put them on SD card yet...