Replacement upgrade

That charging station set up looks great. I think I'll keep my eye out for one!

My phone came in. Asurion sent me a brand new phone. That seemed very strange to me.
I have unlimited data so I'm gonna have to check my account to see if they switched my plan without telling me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That charging station set up looks great. I think I'll keep my eye out for one!

My phone came in. Asurion sent me a brand new phone. That seemed very strange to me.
I have unlimited data so I'm gonna have to check my account to see if they switched my plan without telling me.

Warranty replacements should have no effect on your Verizon plan; they never changed my plan when I received warranty replacement phones. Glad you got a new phone. Enjoy!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That's what I thought. I've gotten lots of replacements, but, never anything brand new.
It's always a referb.

That's what I thought. I've gotten lots of replacements, but, never anything brand new.
It's always a referb.

First impressions? Like it?

I haven't activated it yet.
Normally I'd be all over it immediately, but since I read about screen scratches, I figure I'll wait til those get delivered.
I might even swing by a Verizon store and grab a 3 pack.

It's def big, but I'm sure it's light-years ahead of a Maxx, when it comes to performance.

Well, this thing is an entirely different world compared to the outdated Maxx.
I think I'm gonna like it!!
It's definitely the fastest phone I've ever used!!

Blazing!

Incendiary!

Still fast. Battery life getting better after I took the 6.0 update.

It froze on me a couple of times though and I had to restart, but I might do a wipe and start fresh.

Are you guys happy with battery life?

No. There is no phone on Earth that can handle my heavy use. What I am a love with is Turbo Charging. :D

Sent from Turbo II

Yeah, I hear that. This thing does charge quick as hell.
Is the the turbo charger meant for daily use?

In my opinion, yes it is safe for daily use and designed to be used with that phone by the engineers that built the phone.

And yes, I am happy with battery life. I guess I am a medium user. I average about 3 - 4 hours a day of screen on time, and still get through the day on one charge. Everyone's usage pattern is not the same, so not everyone will make it through a day on one charge and that's where turbocharging is definitely awesome.

Last edited:
Agree with Sajo that it's totally safe and really that's kind of the point of it: to help get you through a day.
Although for a light user, you may get 2 days and need a little boost to get through day 2. For an off the charts heavy user like me, I often need it to get through one day.
The other school of thought is that constant Turbo Charging will affect your battery way down the road. It won't last as long. It will start to fade. I get a phone every two years and probably always will. For that reason....I don't care if it does.
Plus with the design refresh that I get any time between now and 2017, I'll get a new battery. ;)

Sent from Turbo II

Back