RIGHT-ANGLE micro USB cables from StarTech - any experiences out there?

JimmyD

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Last week while surfing online for deals on cables, I stumbled across these nifty right-angle cables in 3 foot and 6 foot lengths!

I've never used StarTech before.

Does anyone have any info on Startech (good and/or bad)?

check it out... pretty cool "right"!? ;)

LINKS...
3 foot right-angle - 3 ft Micro USB Cable - A to Right Angle Micro B - StarTech.com
6 foot right-angle - 6 ft Micro USB Cable - A to Right Angle Micro B - StarTech.com

PICS!
UUSBHAUB3RA.Alarge.jpg

UUSBHAUB3RA.Blarge.jpg

seang

Reaction score
i have used tons of startech DVI cables here at work, its good stuff.

OP
JimmyD

JimmyD

Reaction score
i have used tons of startech DVI cables here at work, its good stuff.

Thanks for the input.

Anyone else?

I think I'm going to order a 3 footer and a 6 footer of these right-angle cables!

I just wish BOTH ends had a right-angle profile. That would make for a cleaner look when my Droid is charging in my car. :)

mek_man

Reaction score
I have two of this exact product and they work excellently! I think I got them on sale for about $3.xx/each. Great buy!

cuskit

Reaction score
$8 plus shipping is too high.

Those don't angle the right way I need them to either.

-Mike
Yes - I'm noticing the same thing relative to the bevel on the micro end. It should point the opposite way for the cable to be pointing down when in portrait view, and also pointing right when in the landscape view. Weird that they are not the correct direction. What use are they? Hmmm. Perhaps the photo was "flipped"? mike

OP
JimmyD

JimmyD

Reaction score

-Mike
Yes - I'm noticing the same thing relative to the bevel on the micro end. It should point the opposite way for the cable to be pointing down when in portrait view, and also pointing right when in the landscape view. Weird that they are not the correct direction. What use are they? Hmmm. Perhaps the photo was "flipped"? mike

AHHHH.... Interesting. I didn't notice that the micro end of the cable is not in a "preferred" orientation. Thanks for pointing that out!

I don't think it's an error though. Keep in mind that these are universal cables. In other words, they weren't designed specifically with the Droid in mind. So I wouldn't consider the cables as "not the correct direction".

They will still work very well for my little dock projects. :) (For myself by the way... no worries about new competition Mike!) :tongue:

seang

Reaction score

-Mike
this site has all different orientations:
USB Micro-B Cables - Right Angle, short cables - 877-522-3779

even extentions:
http://www.usbfirewire.com/uextendmicrob.html

cuskit

Reaction score

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
The ones in the OP are also missing the clips to keep the cable securely in place.

The ones from the link above appear to have them though (but they want to much for them).

joker402

Reaction score
**** if only I could find a car charger with this tip I swear my current one is loseing up my charging port.

OP
JimmyD

JimmyD

Reaction score
The ones in the OP are also missing the clips to keep the cable securely in place.

The ones from the link above appear to have them though (but they want to much for them).

Well, you really can't tell from the pics in my original post, because those two little clips would be on the long-edge of the micros connector, not the short-edge which is most visible.

From the reviews I've seen online about StarTech cables, they apparently fit rather snug, so I would assume the little clips are present. All other StarTech micro usb cables on their site also show the clips (when the long-edge is showing in the picture).

seang

Reaction score

:) Wow! Those options are great! However, the prices are rather high! :icon_eek:

Hmmmm... what to do.

High? They are out of sight! Wow! Great variety though. mike
a little high, but it you want a clean look, 8 bucks more is worth it.

*edit* their shipping is outrageous also. yikes...

Last edited: