Rising Empires - an Android project

Netherlords

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to introduce an Android game project my brother and I are working with. It's called Rising Empires and is a civilisation building game with a focus on conflicts:

Rising Empires is a massive multiplayer online turn-based strategy game in a fantasy setting intended for Android phones. The goal of Rising Empires is to expand and strengthen your empire by developing your cities and research new technologies.

Six races with unique abilities struggle to survive on the Surface and deep in the caves of the Netherworld. There is a constant conflict for territory between empires as well as in between their demanding gods! A rich technology tree allows each player to mould his empire and troops to suit his playing style. All empires play in the same world and interact with each other.

Please have a look at our website if you are interested:
Rising empires
There is plenty of screenshots in the thread called weekly update.

Anyway, thought this could be of interest to you fellow developers out there.

Cheers!

We intend to launch Rising Empires in the first half of 2012. My brother and I are currently progressing at a good speed but we intend to run a beta test before launching the game as we need to try it on different phones and screen sizes. The complexity of the game mechanics makes it time-consuming to code... :p

Hi!

We've now presented the first of the six races that populate the Rising Empires universe - the Dwarves:
profile_tr_Dwarf.png

Their racial description can be found in this post on our forum:
Racial abilities - Dwarf
I hope you like the image. dancedroid

Cheers!

We've now presented the second of the six races that populate the Rising Empires universe - the Elves:
profile_tr_Elf.png

Elf racial profile

Follow the development of Rising Empires on Google+. Add us to your circles!

Cheers!

We've now presented the third and strangest of the six races that populate the Rising Empires universe - the Ende:
profile_tr_Ende.png

Ende racial profile

Johan and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Hi!

We've now presented the fourth of the six races that populate the Rising Empires universe - the Greenskins. Greenskin is a collective name for a couple of races living in the caves below the earth. The most common of these are the Goblins, the Orcs and the Ogres:
profile_tr_Greenskin.png

Greenskin racial profile

Cheers!

Weekly update

Hi!

Attached is a screenshot with an improved list for selecting technologies. We have a lots of news in this weeks 'Weekly update'. Both from the new alpha test that we are running and new stuff in the game itself:
Weekly update
Next week we'll also present the next race - Humans... :icon_ lala:

I hope you all have a good weekend!

Attachments

• shot21.jpg
    shot21.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 484
Hi!

Nina, our 2D-artist, has now completed most of the terrain graphics for the Surface and we are very satisfied with them. A few small additions will still be made, like rivers and coastlines. There is actually a couple of rivers on the map but they aren't showed yet... We are looking forward to see her complete the graphics for the Netherworld soon.

shot23.jpg

shot24.jpg

Hi!

Humans are the fifth race in Rising Empires to be presented and they are, well, humans...
profile_tr_Human.png

Human racial profile

Cheers!

A new issue of the Norberg bulletin has been published. In this issue we discuss our experiences from the new alpha test:

Just in time for the one year anniversary of the Rising Empires project we started our first ‘real’ play test of Rising Empires. A lot has been happening during 2011 and although progress hasn’t been as quick as we originally thought we are getting closer to completing Rising Empires. Or to quote Johan J, “The game is fully playable but some parts are not complete yet, there are hints around the game of missing functionality.” This issue, the eleventh, of the Norberg bulletin is a report of the first 20 turns of the play test...

The bulletin can be downloaded at the Rising Empires forum:
Norberg bulletin - Issue 11

Cheers!

This looks like a fun game, reminds me of age of war.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

The sixth and last of the races in Rising Empires is also the most unhuman of the lot - the insectoid Krant:
profile_tr_Krant.png

Krant racial profile

Cheers!

Back