[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta - Droid 2 (5/5/2011)

roboots21

Reaction score
Mine seemed to have virtually zero bars in areas where I would normally have 2-3 at least. Did it this morning and my bars went back up to where they should be. Seemed to work for me. :)

xenokira

Reaction score
Unfortunately the *228, 2 trick didn't work. Just checked my phone and noticed it didn't have connectivity again. Couldn't dial any number either--I tried to dial *228 again and it just quit right away saying it couldn't be dialed. Rebooted my phone and everything works again. This has been the same action my fiancee has had to take with her phone too.

Has anyone else experienced this intermittent connectivity issue?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

wattnxt

Reaction score
This seems to be a recurring issue with multiple GB builds. CM7 has it from time to time, Peter Alfonso GPA15 has had it, as have others. Seems to stem from oom values that kick the reconnection of data out of memory before it has reconnected.

Had the same issue on multiple roms until I ran zepplinrox's supercharger. Now works all the time for me. Toggle airplane mode on then off and see if your data connection comes back. If so, that's likely your cause. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Droid1, Stable 1.2Ghz, Peter Alfonso v2 LV kernel, CM7.0.3, Zepplinrox Supercharged, Gingerbread 2.3.3 phone using DroidForums.

RigWig

Reaction score
I've been running Apex 2.0 for about 2 weeks now and so far I have to say I love it. Not really any issues to complain about, atleast nothing to make me flash to something else :p
I've had some funny things happen on reboot regarding overclocking, however I'm pretty sure that's more related to the actual overclock more so than the rom as similar things would happen under Liberty

Unfortunately the *228, 2 trick didn't work. Just checked my phone and noticed it didn't have connectivity again. Couldn't dial any number either--I tried to dial *228 again and it just quit right away saying it couldn't be dialed. Rebooted my phone and everything works again. This has been the same action my fiancee has had to take with her phone too.

I have noticed this happen a few times as well, where I will go to send a text and immediately get a text not sent error. Only way to fix it I've found is a reboot, however I'll give the *228 thing a try next time it happens.

elvyrorie

Reaction score

I'm having this happen occasionally as well. I reboot makes the radio come on, but your right it happens about once a day.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

wattnxt

Reaction score
When it happens, try toggling either airplane mode or wifi on then off. Reboot works too, but the toggle trick is much faster. Make sure to let either airplane our wifi mode finish engaging before toggling back.

on the d1, there was talk this stemmed from oom values and our lack of ram. Looks like d2 is re-living our pain with GB.

Good luck.

Sent from my Droid1, Stable 1.2Ghz, Peter Alfonso v2 LV kernel, CM7.0.3, Zepplinrox Supercharged, Gingerbread 2.3.3 phone using DroidForums.

xust

Reaction score
Turns out the issue I was having was due to a full SD Card. No idea how some things got on there, but whatever. I was looking at the wrong 8gb SD card plugged into my computer. *facepalm*

So far, everything is working great! No issues with anything (including 3G/wifi/GPS, etc) aside from having to deal with the not so fun AOSP camera app, but it runs so well I don't care anymore.

I probably don't text or call people often enough to find this connectivity issue you all seem to have once a day...

Last edited:

roboots21

Reaction score
Turns out the issue I was having was due to a full SD Card. No idea how some things got on there, but whatever. I was looking at the wrong 8gb SD card plugged into my computer. *facepalm*

So far, everything is working great! No issues with anything (including 3G/wifi/GPS, etc) aside from having to deal with the not so fun AOSP camera app, but it runs so well I don't care anymore.

I probably don't text or call people often enough to find this connectivity issue you all seem to have once a day...

Just download the removed apps from the first post of this thread, copy the blur camera to the system/app folder, set permissions to rwxr--r--, remove the AOSP camera, then reboot. You should now have your blur camera :)

serenewaffles

Reaction score
I experienced that power issue. For me at least it stemmed from the battery power saver setting. Rather than just cut the 3G connection, it cut all wireless comms.

xenokira

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The connectivity issue my fiancee and I are experiencing also seems to kill regular CDMA things like phone and texting (intermittently). I've tried toggling airplane mode and it's hit or miss...sometimes it works, others we have to full reboot our phones.

I did notice the battery saver was enabled as 'night time saver' (normally I set it on perf mode right away), so I changed that...but that shouldn't be causing connectivity issues during the day (or like this at all) :-/

Anyway, I'm gonna give it more time and will report back if it does happen to stop as a result

serenewaffles

Reaction score
I noticed that the power issue only began happening for me after flashing part 2 of the ROM. Can anyone else confirm whether this is related?

devinhfox

Reaction score
This calendar problem is really annoying.
Can we get a fix plz? Tried reinstalling/ sbf'ing etc. like 4 times.

R2Dtard

Reaction score
Just switched from zombiestomped (which i quite liked) only to LOVE this ROM. I am not a fan of blur and this ROM seems to be the answer. It is lightning fast, has given me zero problems, and is probably the fastest ROM i have tested. Hope the battery life is as good as zombiestomped, but only time will tell.

Thanks Fabalous!

HavoC

Reaction score
I noticed that the power issue only began happening for me after flashing part 2 of the ROM. Can anyone else confirm whether this is related?

I never installed part 2 of the rom, and it ran without issues for a couple of days. Beyond that idk, as I went back to zombie stomped after running APEX for 2 or 3 days.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums