[ROM] b00stedICS | shadow | build2 | May 7 1346 EST

wolfballz

Reaction score
erylflynn said:
This is pretty much what I did and it crashes when I add. I can put the key in if I turn on broadcast SSID. But the moment I turn off broadcast the phone no longer sees it there.

Thats the same thing i'm running into cause i hide my ssid.

OP
B

BMc08GT

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
wolfballz said:
Thats the same thing i'm running into cause i hide my ssid.

I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the update guys.

Martillo

Reaction score
I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the update guys.
I do not broadcast my SSID, and I connect without issues using the 5/12 build.

EDIT: I am not using WEP. Seems like the problem has to do with the combination of WEP and hidden SSID, than strictly with hidden SSID.

wolfballz

Reaction score
Martillo said:
I do not broadcast my SSID, and I connect without issues using the 5/12 build.

EDIT: I am not using WEP. Seems like the problem has to do with the combination of WEP and hidden SSID, than strictly with hidden SSID.

Are you using any encryption?

Martillo

Reaction score
Are you using any encryption?
I have 2 wireless networks I connect to regularly. Neither has SSID broadcast. One is not encrypted (is there for guests or VPN) and the other uses 802.1x Enterprise.

I connect without trouble to the unencrypted network. I get the same "setting closes" issue you do after trying to enter the credentials for 802.1x EAP.

At first I thought I was able to connect to both. I switch between ROMs and was able to connect to the encrypted network on (I think) AOKP. But it fails on this ROM.

Sorry for the confusion. Hope the additional info helps.

wolfballz

Reaction score
Martillo said:
I have 2 wireless networks I connect to regularly. Neither has SSID broadcast. One is not encrypted (is there for guests or VPN) and the other uses 802.1x Enterprise.

I connect without trouble to the unencrypted network. I get the same "setting closes" issue you do after trying to enter the credentials for 802.1x EAP.

At first I thought I was able to connect to both. I switch between ROMs and was able to connect to the encrypted network on (I think) AOKP. But it fails on this ROM.

Sorry for the confusion. Hope the additional info helps.

I will probably just remove my encryption temporarily until its fixed. Anxiously awaiting next nightlie.

erylflynn

Reaction score
I had to flash the rom again to get it to work at all, I found that at first even with SSID broadcast on it looked like it connected but no data traffic was passed. Flashed build 3 and GAPS again and still same initial problem but wifi works with SSID broad cast on. I am using WPA/PSK for security.

wolfballz

Reaction score
erylflynn said:
I had to flash the rom again to get it to work at all, I found that at first even with SSID broadcast on it looked like it connected but no data traffic was passed. Flashed build 3 and GAPS again and still same initial problem but wifi works with SSID broad cast on. I am using WPA/PSK for security.

I didnt have any issues with the data not coming through. I think this may be the best of ICS roms out right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid Forums

wolfballz

Reaction score
If you want to get your wifi connected if your ssid is hidden and protected just temporarily unhide your ssid so the phone sees it and you can even connect with encryption and then log back into your router and hide ssid again and the phone will still stay connected to the wifi.

wolfballz

Reaction score
I see there is a themes section in almost all the ICS roms i've tried. Where can i download them?

Savagerun

Reaction score
I see there is a themes section in almost all the ICS roms i've tried. Where can i download them?

Edited by savage

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wolfballz

Reaction score
Framework-res.apk_520 link is broken.

***Edit***
For some reason I can download the .zip from my phone but not the framework-res.apk_520. Got it on computer just fine.
After "dirty flashing" and just wiping cache the booted fine but no radio (no service). Went back into recovery and completely started from scratch with latest nightly (5-20-2012) and still radio (service). I saw two downloads for the latest nightly... is there one better than the other?

OP
B

BMc08GT

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
wolfballz said:
Framework-res.apk_520 link is broken.

***Edit***
For some reason I can download the .zip from my phone but not the framework-res.apk_520. Got it on computer just fine.
After "dirty flashing" and just wiping cache the booted fine but no radio (no service). Went back into recovery and completely started from scratch with latest nightly (5-20-2012) and still radio (service). I saw two downloads for the latest nightly... is there one better than the other?

Hey sorry forgot to relay this here but that nightly is borked. New one will be out tonight :) sorry for the confusion.

EDIT : I will start to use my twitter more often to get you guys info if I am slow to relay it. @BMc08GT

OP
B

BMc08GT

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
New nightly is up 5/22

Changelog for 5-22-14_28 nightly:

HWA Enabled(Synced to current CM9 changes by Johnman)
Apollo Included in as replacement as new Music player by CM
Blackness at boot is gone
OMX changes(credit -johnman)
omapzoom added in(credit johnman)
fw changes made to make transition to build3(sorry its a suprise)
*Build3 will have the feature counterparts added in for you to use
ApexLauncher updated to 1.2.0
DeepSleepMode is added but not active yet, as we still need to work on fixing the call for it. Hopefully soon it will be fully activated
May be more...

Let me know how it goes :)